Outdoor growing in Texas?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Evil Thing, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Love the advice! I think I will start one of the "crappy" seedlings now just to get a feel for growing, then once I'm settled in my apartment I'll pickup a tent and lights and soil and whatnot. I have one concern though and that's hiding the grow. I don't expect to have mantience or management come knocking very often, but I will be living in this apartment for probably 3-4 years so plenty of stuff could happen in that time and I've read horror stories about people having their grows discovered while not home and being turned over to the police. I was thinking of purchasing a wardrobe or using my closet if big enough to hold the tent so I would have something to lock. Do you know of any grow tents that have a locking mechanism? I really would like to keep this under wraps as my apartment will not be in a county that has decriminalized 4oz.

I'm planning on going with LEDs since they seem the best option for the long run. Any particular ones you recommend that fall in a college student budget?

2. Yeah viparspectras. They're all entry level leds that will get the job done well. They make tons of different makes and models for your size needs.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Are you in a legal or non legal state

4. Legal. But I don't see what the difference is when it comes to your living situation. If no one comes to your apt, you'll be fine.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

5. There's no guarantee of that though. Can never be too careful about something that can land you in prison.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I Also Live in tx North Tx.. just planted mine outside about a week ago. As far as heat and wind we get lots of wind and lots of heat. I just make sure they are somewhat shaded during the hottest part of the day and somewhere where the wind can't just beat em to death! As far as neighbor's...don't have any! As long as you don't advertise and use common sense everything will be fine. Watch out for them rabbits and deer..they will eat the tops off...ruins the plant. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

7. Hmm powdery mildew?

8. Sevin dust! It's a must have!

9. Also wanted to add that my main plant was a inside outside plant... outside when the weather was nice and it would stay out until about 30 minutes before dark..... Then inside under the light! It's to big to move now and being flowered but if I could still get it out safely believe it I would!! I have a minimal set up, and still building my room... Having family over for the holidays is a pain... having to keep the main plant locked away because of wondering mother n law..that bitch.... totally diff threads LMAO... Anyway..with 5 acres and your mom being cool I'd grow that bud!!:passing-joint:

Attached Files:

10. S
    She looks beautiful! What soil compisition are you using? Light schedule?

11. Soil- Miracle-Gro
    Light's- started with Cfls from Lowe's 150w x5 & 600w Galaxy hydro LED. I didn't get the led
    until end of June... started April...sun is the best light around!
    Nutes... started with just water.. Well water will add picture of stuff I got from Lowe's. Then I ordered some stuff from fox Farms..will add picture
    Light schedule- 24/7 veg 12/12 flower... flipped on 9 days ago!
    Ok, so ppl will say bad stuff about my set up...the nutes from Lowe's are cheap and miracle grow is crap....it worked out fine for me..keep it simple and learn what you can until you can get better equipped! You get what you put in. Just remember it's a weed, they are pretty strong and resilient! Use the first one to learn!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. O yeah forgot to add: The fox Farms stuff you can go to the fox Farms website and search for places near you that have the products. I didn't use the nutes until about 15 days ago and the soil I'm using for all my other plants!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Appreciate the advice! I have 2 of the "crappy" seedlings germing right now, hope to learn and get a feel for what I'm doing, and maybe even pull off a small harvest if they don't die/end up being male/can't set up my indoor quick enough

14. When I started I had lights taped to the wall in the corner..and just basic desk lamp with bending necks surrounding it at night.. no tent or anything just foil in the wall and a small fan. Yeah having a grow tent/room is recommended, but not a must!

15. You are kidding right? Do not ever put something like that on something you plan to smoke.

16. Yeah..I wouldn't during the bud stage but, now it's safe. Why wouldn't it be? And mostly it goes around the plant and area to prevent bugs.

17. You are still feeding the plant disgusting chemicals and probably will result in chemical taste and smell

18. Agree to disagree..I could see where it would be a negative...I don't use enough to say it's being fed sevin dust..that's just foolish...the dust is around the plant area... besides it's used on vegetables the we eat, and they don't taste like chemicals.

19. my experience with appartments is they do inspections every few months... i wouldnt grow in an appartment unless you have those extremely expensive super closet things that look like a file cabinet or w/e

20. I think I will pick up a large lockable wardrobe or something for the tent. My only concern with that is that metal duct coming out of the wardrobe... Now how am I going to explain that:rolleyes:... "College experiment for an English major...:laughing:"