Outdoor growing in Scotland?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gmac2007, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Hi all :wave: ,

First post, but long time lurker of this excellent forum from the North East of Scotland here. I wonder if anyone can help me out, I've tried searching the forum coz I know just frustrating it can be when people keep asking the same questions over n over without checking first, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any experience with growing any decent outdoor strains in my area?

If so, which strains were the most successful, and when would be the best time to plant out/harvest?

Hope someone can help me out here , I'm planning to post a grow log to share the experience.

I was thinking about Durban Poison coz I heard someone mention that South Africa has a similar climate to ours, but really, I dunno.

Cheers,
    Gmac

2. Gonna be a tough one. . .
    Can you grow in a greenhouse?

3. Hi, and thanks for replying.

Sure is, I'm around the Northern 57 latitude here. Not sure if it's possible or not, I've heard of some other guys managing to pull it off before, but no info on strains, etc.

I have a wee summer house in the garden with windows that would get plenty of sunlight (well about as much as you can get here!) if I could keep the plant pretty small in might work but I really need the plants to be more self sufficient as I need to travel away regularly for work and won't have the time to dedicate to looking after them.

Cheers, any and all suggestions well appreciated,
    Gmac

4. It could be achieved so long as temperatures don't get REALLY low.
    There's a fair bit of sunlight in scotland especially in the summer.
    I'll have a look at some strains for you. .

5. mate, the climate in south africa is hot. and the last time i checked scotland was cold!

look for strains with "amsterdam" in their name, they will be adaptd to the cooler climate and finish early. also put some research into wether or not the strain is reistant to mould ect being in a wet climate can lead to bad mould so its best to find a resistant plant.

6. Cheers for the feedback guys.

lol... yes, well you're right about the South African climate being a lot hotter than here, dunno why I believed the guy. Must have been pretty rubbered at the time :smoking: ...lol.

For now, I'll have a look around some of the seed bank sites to see what I can find based on your suggestions.

I also have a 400w HPS kit here that I could try indoors, but as I mentioned before I can get called away for up to a week at a time for work...so indoors, unless REALLY automated would not work that great a method for me.

Thanks again guy's, any and all help is very much appreciated.

Later dudes...