Outdoor growing in Florida

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Crystalynewget, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Hi,
    So Ive grown before and I am aware that there are only certain months of the year in which you can plant seeds and complete a successful grow. However I have a friend in Florida who is currently looking to do an outdoor grow. Obviously the weather there is a lot different than the rest of the county and im wondering since its late August now and it stays in the 60's well into November, if she would be able to do this? Also are there any other precautions with growing in Florida? ie different type of soil? Perhaps growing in a pot would work out better?

2. I believe it is too late to plant this year, even in Florida. It has to do with the length of the days, not the temperature.

3. Well, if they do let me know OK? It's so dry....

4. i live in florida and im sorry to inform you but it is too late to plant my crop started flowering about 2 weeks ago so your friend could try it but im afraid it would be a waste -circuit

5. probably too late for regular flowering seeds but if he she wants to buy seeds they can get autoflowering seeds that take about half as long