Outdoor growing help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mary_who, Sep 25, 2009.

1. I want to start growing outside, but I need a lot of help still.

First of all, when should I start germinating my seeds so that they will be ready to plant outside when the season starts (when does the season start basically).

Also, when will I be able to harvest, I've read usually September, but I've also read October, even though it only takes 2-3 months to grow (if they are planted in may, won't they be ready to harvest at the beginning of August)?

It seems like outdoor growing is a lot easier than indoor growing since the plants use the sun's timing schedule for vegetation and flowering. So basically I need to:
    - Germinate the seeds then transplant them into 4 gallon pots
    - Put them in a sunny spot (3-4 hours of direct sunlight a day at least, right?)
    - Tie the pots down so the wind doesn't blow them over
    - Put a chicken-wire fence around the small area so deer don't attack them (my spot is in the middle of the woods)
    - Water once every two weeks (unless it rains)

Of course I will be doing LST, and assuming no other bugs attack them, I'm good to go until harvest time?

Last couple questions:

How long will it take to harvest and cure (I'm getting 10 seeds, and assuming 8 are females) 8 plants? And what is a rough estimate of how much bud I have after curing and drying?

2. hi im an indoor grower but the outdoor guys have been saying its well to late in the season to plant em & get bud, when do u get ur first frost?

ps if the seeds ur getting are not fem, ur most likly to get 3-4 females out of 10 seeds, if u getting fem seeds then all 10 will be female

3. if u are wanting to grow outdoors its best to have ur plant about 1 to 2 weeks or more into the veg stage before u plant it outdoors in late may(depending on where u live. best to do this after ur last frost). It really depends on the strain of plant ur growing to know when it will be ready for outdoor harvest. "Hash Plant", "Afghani", "Hindu Kush" ect. are some ones that will be ready to pick by mid to late august. U can also grow autoflowering strains but u will lose on yield and sometimes on potency but most will be ready to from seed to bud in 7 to 10 weeks.