Outdoor growing (beginner)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by blind88, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Well im relativly new to the forum, i have read a coupe of threads.
    I have never grown weed or have any idea how it works, except the few things i read.
    I live on a small mountain in switzerland (not for skiing), and the mountain is covered with 95% forest. I have few questions reqarding general outdoor growing.
    What type (breed or whatever you call it) of weed plant would be the most optimal for the location?
    Should i order seeds through the internet or buy a small plant ( is possile through a freind but i think the variety will be very little) so i dont have to wait long so i can harvest it?
    I welcome tips and growing or good links.

2. before i start going crazy whats your plan man so i can get an idea of what your trying to accomplish

3. grow swiss miss, it was developed in switzerland, and it designed for outdoor growin

4. Can't help you with the location information, you will need to do some searching around the web to find other growers near your area.

I wouldn't stress the strain so much, when it comes down to it, all of it is weed. Although if you are picky about your high, like me..

-Indica = more of a short thick plant with dense buds. Layed back high / knocked on ass Couchlock high.
    -Sativa = Tall lank plant with fluffy buds. Trippy / up heady high.

So if you want something to help with anxiety that can help you sleep and relax, Go with an Indica dominant strain.
    If you want a good daytime high which will be more trippy and be more of a heartracing motivational high, Go with a Sativa dominant strain.

More information on indica and sativa: http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/strains.html

As far as the actual growing, i would recommend finding a good grow guide since its not the simplest thing to explain and i'm pretty sure most people aren't going to take the time to write up a page of content to help you.

We all were in your situation at one time so don't feel bad, if you just want a outline of the stages of growth i'm sure i or someone else will help, but no one is going to hold your hand and walk you through this bro.

Good luck though and don't give up before trying because it may seem too hard, the hard work will payoff in the end and will make you one greatful pothead ^_^.

P.S.- Once you get that first taste of fresh skunky sweet homegrown created with your own hands, you will never turn back.

:bongin: :yay:

keep Tokin'

Please rep++ me if i helped.

5. Well my plan is to start with 2,3 plants with a freind.
    And sativa seems to be my kind cuz i wanna be awake when im stoned with freinds:smoking:
    well ill guess i better do a bit more research but thx guys

6. you dont know what ur on about man... the type and strain DOES matter with indoor/outdoor growing, certain strains n shit thrive in different situations....dont tell this beginner bullshit, man.

The other guy said some good information, "Swiss Miss" obviously its good for gorwing in your country so if youre going to buy seeds online i guess that'd be a good strain?

7. Most of these names are for show to sell the seeds bro... (Don't get defensive, not all, but alot are thats why i don't worship the strains like most)

Give him some good bagseed and i guarantee the suckers will grow just fine as long as the temperatures arent below freezing. Like mentioned around the forum, marijuana is exactly what its called (a weed), give them sunlight decent soil and don't let them dry out and you can count on some bud.

Of course if you want to get technical and optimize the grow for the best yield / high possible you can choose strains but seeing as he's a beginner i don't think hes too picky about that, so it would probably be best if he didn't go wasting $100 on a pack of seeds that might die out.

8. A question about ordering online. When you receive the packeage with seeds it is impossible to know what is in side until you have open it, right?

9. I imagine so

10. of course the names are for show but the genetics in every strain are different. different strains are suited to different climates. for switzerland you need to be looking at early finishers to get a full grow in before the frost comes and wipes out the crop. using bagseed which may have the wrong genetics for the climate, and may not be finished flowering by the time frost comes, will be pointless!

and seed packages are usualy unmarked