Outdoor growing, and some general questions...first timer..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BMG1017, May 19, 2002.

1. I never really smoked that much....maybe a few times every month, but i still decided to quit after this summer...

BUT...

I also decided to do a grow...my first one ever, so I have a few simple questions...

Everyone talks about about germanating seeds...UH-OH...I didnt read before I planted last week. Havent been back to check on my seeds yet...(kinda far away)....But heres what i did so i am thinking it might be okay...I planted 2 seeds, 3 feet apart, about an inch in to the ground. But i did this at dusk, and the ground was very muddy from a rain we got. So they were in complete dark for about 9 hours and had plenty of moisture. Will they still grow?

Also...I know you harvest when about 3/4 of the white hairs have turned color, but does anyone have an estimated time on this for outdoor growing? So I dont have to go and check ALL THE TIME!

My final questions are on Drying... Due to certain circumstances(parents), it is going to be hard for me to dry out in an open area. So here is my idea put the buds in a big brown cardboard box and put some holes in it and but it in my basement with the top open...Will this fill my house with the stench of weed? Any other ideas for drying and not getting caught?

Also, i have heard that after you dry you should put the buds in a sealed container for a week or two...Is this true?

Please help me with any of my questions, Thanks!!

Happy Growing...

2. I suggest(highly) that you read back posts,and use the search,,get the idea down a little...then...post away...your Q's will be different...

You quit,,but your going to grow?

I planted 2 seeds, 3 feet apart, about an inch in to the ground. But i did this at dusk, and the ground was very muddy from a rain we got. So they were in complete dark for about 9 hours and had plenty of moisture. Will they still grow?

Who knows?,,only you,,,watch them.

does anyone have an estimated time on this for outdoor growing? So I dont have to go and check ALL THE TIME!

This all depends on strain,soil growing conditions,weather,growing season length,etc.....but you should have to check on them every week anyway,,just pay close attention to them when your with them.....

Any other ideas for drying and not getting caught?

Try the garage in an inconspicuous place....

Also, i have heard that after you dry you should put the buds in a sealed container for a week or two...Is this true?

Some people cure the buds by placing buds that are open-air dry,,into a sealed container to rehumidify the buds with any remaining moisture present....opening at intervals to air it out until snapstem dry......You should always store completely dried buds in an airtight container for storage,,in a cool dark place(light,water,heat destroys thc)...

[​IMG]