outdoor growbox - need major help - brand new to this

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dougefresh, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Hey, I have read alot and I know a guy who grows crazy bud so he is helping me as much as he can, but he doesn't come online too too much, and I want to start.

Ok, want to grow some good ass bud. I can't do it in the house though, but I can do it outside in my backyard, in a shed. The shed is not ACed or anything, and I live in a place, where right now the high temps are 105 degrees. I know I have to wait a little for it to cool off, but in about 3 weeks it'll be perfect.

Ok, so the space I have is 3ft wide, 2 maybe 2.5ft deep, and 3 feet tall.

First of all, ventilation. I was reading around and found out it's a big deal. I am trying to make this as stealth as possible, so any stealth ideas would be great. What do you think? I am just going to make this box out of plywood I think, but if you have a better idea, let me know.

My buddy said I should throw a 400watt MH conversion light in there for veg stage, and then switch to a 400watt HPS bulb for flowering. Is that alright? I read that too much watts can decrease yield. Would it be better for me to go 250watt MH conversion, then 250 HPS?

Ok, now pots. I was just planning on going simple with plastic pots (I was thinking 5 gallon, 1 plant per) Good idea?

Would you guys recommend 5 gallon pots? Maybe I could fit 6 of them in there?

Thanks so much, any info will help.

2. O yeah, and I heard if I go SOG, I can harvest every month? How is this done? I read the FAQ on overgrown, but it's so much and technical. Any simple instructions?