Outdoor grow UK help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Keep1Rolled, Jan 31, 2015.

1. So this year I'm going to start an outdoor grow, germinated indoors and moved outside to a secure location with sunlight from early morning to 2/3 pm. I just have a couple questions about germination, times of transplant and when to harvest. This strain has been grown outdoors before with much success but I don't know the germination setup.
    So first off:
    When should I start germination and what setup? Budget of around £50-75 for the germing and a max of £150 for the whole project.
    When will I know to move the plants outside? What kind of nutes should I use? Should I put the plants out in the day and inside at night to ease them into it?
    How much will they need to be watered?
    What kind of nutes and/or plant food should I use?
    And last but not least, when is around the right time to harvest? Unfortunately I don't have a clue what the life cycle of this particular strain is but it's a Hybrid Indica dominant I believe.
    Any help would be great, thanks.

We call him Chief Kief now

2. doesnt matter when you start them indoors as long as you keep them on an 18/6 light cycle. Can only be transplanted outside after the last bit of frost so normally around april-may, maybe end of march if your lucky with the weather.

To condition them to be being outside, i'd recomend buying one of those small pop-up greenhouses and keeping them in that for about 2 weeks just aclimatize them, after that you can throw them in to the ground and let the rain do the watering for you. Nutes are optional, just use whatever you can get your hands on lol

As for harvest time you're probabaly looking at late september - early october. But dont take my word for that, every strain is different, you gonna have to research that yourself

3. #3 Keep1Rolled, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    I've read that a high concentration of Nitrate ions and low Phosphate promotes females? Is this true?

4. possibly. Ive heard if you leave seeds in a bag with banana skins for a while it can turn them female. Never tried it, so dunno if its true. But bananas are rich in potassium and phosphate so maybe?

5. Last year I germed a seed (out of a bag of green I bought) in early April , fed it no nutes , my theory was that it was under a tree and the trees leaves would act as a source of nutes. By late October it was nearly ready but we had proper damp weather here in the uk. Mold is a bitch! Had to chop early, it could have gone a couple of weeks longer if I bought it in under light. Let Mother Nature do the work , she will reward you!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Nice one man. I'm keeping this grow organic, scrap the nutes. Some compost and horse shit is what I'll be using mainly :)

7. The best way for it mate , what strains are you using ?

8. No idea, all the same strain, from Dam, have been grown in the UK before outside. But that's the only information I have on them at the moment. They could be autos for all I know

9. Cool , Never used autos before. I have three female northern lights auto for this year. Hoping for a good yield this year !

10. autos are much better for the UK, plant them around may 15th youll be fine