Outdoor grow sexing ?'s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NiCLBaG, Jul 20, 2010.

1. I do know how to sex the plants once they start doing it.
    But my ? is , Are there traits in each of the sex's? I have heard males grow tall and fast. I have also heard the reverse of that. I have three plants going outside. All planted from seed on 4/2/----.
    The tallest is about 6ft 10 and very nice looking (KC Brains TNR) The second is KC Mango and it is the smallest at a little over 4 feet. But this one is growing like a single cola type plant with huge leaves and vibrant thick growth at the top. The 3rd is KC 39 and it is almost 6ft. It has the most branches but its a bit to thin in the structure to me. It is the one that i think is flowering. Its hard to tell because alot of the new growth shoots appear as being white . I am 80 % sure this one is a female starting to flower.
    I have photos but i want to find out from some of you whats the best way to go about uploading and posting them here?

Thanks in advance.

2. hit reply and at the top there is a paperclip. after u click that u can upload them. males are taller in general, and the branches are more spaced out and not as complex. they call it the tall, loose profile. the loose part means that the branches are spaced out, and not thick like u said.
    thats just in general tho

3. Here are some pics...

Attached Files:

4. it can be very hard to tell before they actually show. but i think that most of those do look female. especially the last one and the second one

5. I sure hope so. This is just a personal use grow here in Jersey. I got the seeds from a buddy out of some he ordered. The biggest one is noticeably bigger every week. Really they all are but The third one i think is going into flowering now. Which is cool because i could use some smoke. LOL
    I appreciate your input. I had a few more but they flowered early 1 male 3 females. Kandy kush and la woman both pollinated by a KC TNR so i am excited to see how they do next time. Close to 600 seeds.

6. #6 NiCLBaG, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    This is the one i think is flowering.
    If it is starting to flower what kind of nutes should i use? I have been using MG all purpose plant food. 24-8-16
    But all 3 are in the same dig so i dont know if i use the wrong thing if it will hurt it.
    I was thinking this color burst stuff which is 15-30-15 or bloom boost. I have never grown outdoors before so i am a work in progress.

Attached Files:

7. #7 transistor, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    :smoking:it's a girl! be easy with that MG stuff burns like no tomorrow try finding something more natural and easyier on the plant; Fox farm, advance nutes, the list goes on i personally use iguana juice, fox farmgrow+ tigger bloom, and organics on my plants haven't had one leaf burn yet the good stuff will cost you, but is worth every penny

8. Hey there. Nice plants!

Maybe they are a bit stretched because your growing in a quite shaded area. (guessing by the photos) How much direct sunlight are they getting?

If you live in around central europe, its possible that your plant is just showing sex or pre-flowers and is NOT in flowering phase. Some strains tend to do this. They simply make a few pistils here and there but ntn serious. Im growing Lemon Skunk (GH seeds) at the moment, and its been showing pistils from
    early vegetation stage but its not flowering yet. So keep this in mind before switching nutes n stuff.

About sexing. Cannabis plants determine its sex after sprouting seeds. Other factors like Nitrogen, amount of light, soils PH and others, have a major impact on how the plant will turn out. When sexing your strains you will get seeds that will produce plants with different characteristics. Some will have more traits from strain A, some from strain B and some will be sth totally different. If you really want to create you own strain, you will have to learn how to stabilize it. But thats a whole new story.

Good luck! *Im really curious how much direct sunlight are they receiving?

9. Thanks for the input folks. They get a great deal of light. The spot that they are in gives good morning light a little shade
    from 1130 to 1230 but the rest of the day until around 7pm they are getting great light. The sun goes down
    at almost 830 or 9pm and the tallest one benifits from the late sun more than the others. Thats because it shades the other 2 a little bit.
    Here are some pics of the sunlight. I dont remember what time of day these were taken.

Attached Files:

10. LOL.

:smoke:

11. The power of positive thinking is at play

12. OK.

In that case then, I hope they all turn out as sexy ladies for ya !!!

Freak
    :smoking:

13. Out of curiosity, why would you use a chemical fertilizer like Tiger Bloom with organics?