Outdoor Grow Questions?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jram2323, Mar 31, 2009.

1. What type of soil should I buy when starting out? I want to be able to get something at a home-depot or other common store I could drive one minute to. I cant order anything.

What can I use to keep animals such as rabbits, squirrels etc. out. Can I use chicken wire. If i can, how do I shape the chicken wire so it covers the entire area of the plant and doesn't leave any of it open. Any pics?

I am going to plant them in the ground. Should I simply dig a hole and throw my own soil in there or should I perhaps use a bucket our garbage bag and put that in the ground and fill it with my own soil?

Is it ok if I germinate the seed inside and plant them outside? I wont be able to start them indoors. IS this too risky? What can I do to reduce this risk?

Any pics or extra info will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Sorry about the repeat, but I posted this on another thread...

"Supersoil potting soil" is a pretty good basic soil you can pick up at Lowes, Home Depot or even Walmart. Mix with perlite to help with drainage, aeration and to fight soil compaction...

3. There are some pretty wise people who have made stickys about outdoor growing. Check them out.

4. how about you type those questions on google or in the search bar, i'll give you the soil mix i use since you are lost as shit.

-2 parts cheapest potting soil you can find at walmart (hyponex where i live)
    -1 part Expert or MG Organic potting soil (Must be Organic) Walmart
    -3 parts Perlite or Sand (anywhere)
    -1.5 parts Mushroom compost (Lowes)
    -2 TBS per gallon Pulverized lime