outdoor grow in trouble

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Happyhutchy, Jan 5, 2011.

1. so i've got a plant outdoors and i haven't been able to switch the lights over to 12/12 at the moment it is getting like 15/9 and has been covered in white hairs for about 3-4 weeks now but still isn't really developing buds....is it ok to just leave it and it'll flower by its self or do i need to find a way to cover it up so it gets 12/12?

2. Cannabis would never flower in the wild, outdoors, unless it got exactly 12/12 lighting.

It also had to have HPS lighting, becuase we know how badly plants do under that failball, the sun.

3. i think sun light does the job fine its been growing weed for a lot longer then artificial light.
    thats what i was thinking or else how would the chemicals needed for flowering have long enough to build up...
    thanks for your help

4. Where are you located that you're growing outdoors in January?

5. NSW australia brother its the middle of summer here

6. That's why I asked...

You're past your summer solstice now, so I would just let it flower naturally, should work out fine for a harvest in March-April.

Our thoughts are with your mates in Queensland, time to build an ark...

7. time to build a thousand arks...that would work fine but we usually get our first frost around then and its already getting a lil cold with some days only getting to 16.
    so what i've done is built a wire cage around the plant so i can just cover it up at night an uncover it in the morning.
    any ideas of what i could use as a cover that wouldn't let in any light?

8. Trash bags? Tarp?

BTW Joe Luxon was being sarcastic, no artificial light can match the sun.