Outdoor grow in ohio?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Whitewidow08, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Hey I'm About to start my first grow and I was wondering if outdoor grow would be a good thing to try out but can it be done in Ohio?

2. no because itl be to cold

3. Look up the first and last frost of your area. Dont try growing until after the last frost so you dont waste time just to have your plants freeze to death.

4. Next year, bagseed will be hit and miss on if it flowers early enough if you got space, lots of seed, and enogh money for lots of dirt and nutes you can cram alot of learning into a first grow. If not buy earlier flowering fem'd seeds. If you have a short season look into cfls and such. I'm not alowed to use HID lights or have a grow room but I can have a small CFL box to get 1 month head start with 24/0 light and keep a gene pool over winter.

5. Would a indoor grow be best? Like either hydroponic or what

6. I don't know your local laws, your income, etc. I have lighsts, pumps, tanks, and timers that I'm not alowed to use with my arangment or I'd start buying shipping containers and grow all year, outdoor can get alot out of a little money. Just the fact you asked if you could start outdoor in ohio now means you need to spend this winter reading and cramming your head with options.

7. Well is indoor bud a better quality than outdoor? I'm really new to the whole growing and stuff and I've always been told indoor is a better bud

8. I speak from experience, southern ohio has great grow spots outside. In the woods, next to your tomato plant ect. Plant in may (if beginner use an AutoFlower, if your seasoned i recommend Critical Mass for a high yielding plants and Cheese/Chem' for a headstash

9. As far as indoor vs outdoor I have had good and bad of both over the years, depends on who you ask. With either you will get back what you put in if you do it right and by the rules, outdoor if you have the space can get huge single plant yeilds but indoor is more compact and controled. I'd do both if I could, veg plants up to 20+gal in winter then put em out and grow some trees. It'll all depend on you legalities, avalible space, goals, funds, and time (including research) you want to put in. Time and funds are often interchangable, if your inclined to mix various worm and bird shit or just drop a few hundred on bottles, etc.

10. [quote name='"Bubbles42O"']no because itl be to cold[/quote]

I live in Ohio dumbass its not to cold to grow here.

11. I live in Ohio grew from bagseed this year and have alot of sativa dominant plants and they're doing really well all close to finishing up so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Give it a shot next spring.

12. R u from northern or southern Ohio?

13. Northern Ohio I'm about 30 minutes from Dayton.

14. thats a little harsh considering the op made it sound like he is planting seeds tomorrow. obviously you can grow in ohio from spring till fall. but even i thought from the op's question that he meant now. so chill the hell out and dont be too quick to call someone a dumbass.