outdoor grow in connecticut

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by brian hobo, Feb 1, 2004.

1. hey guys, ive become real interested in growing lately. there is a huge patch of woods across the street from my house with plenty of good spots to set up a plant or two. i read the sticky at the top, but i had some specific questions i wanted answered.

-is outdoor growing sucessful? or will it be a waste of time to try and do it?

-is the climate in connecticut in the summer fine for plants? sometimes we'll have 70 degree, cloudy weather for a week and then the next will be 90 degrees and humid. it rains a decent amount, too.

-what do i need to grow outdoors? fertilizer, pots, etc?

-how much care is needed? would i have to go to my spot everyday to water it and measure the pH, or is it something more like 3 or 4 times a week?

-about how long does it take to grow one plant?

-can you pick some buds off a plant halfway through a grow, and get high off them? or do you need to wait until everything's finished?

-the pot i buy is always high grade, ive never gotten 1 seed in any of my bags. should i keep looking for seeds or try to buy them off the internet?

thanks to anyone who has some insight...ill probably end up with a ton more questions but until then, thats all.

[edit:] i forgot to add, there's this community garden right next to the woods. people can buy a little plot of it for the year to grow tomatoes, strawberries, etc. i can get free water from there, as much as i want. the best part is that its right next to where i want to grow :D.

2. conn. seems like a wonderful place to grow MJ.

go to the garden center and ask some nice lady what day should i put out my tomato plants so they dont freeze out.

then go back to that same lady on the day she said and buy a tomato for .25cents. and tell her to give u some pointers for u are gonna plant this tomato in the back yard. and just do the same for ur MJ. by the way...ask her what the freeze date is. this is when u harvest ur plant.

as to getting seeds, yea thats kinda important too. go to SD and spend 20$ on the cheapest thing they got.

and yea dont pick stuff off the plant till its ready. freezedate minus about 2 weeks is a good time to go out and get ur mama's.

GL

3. thanks for the support man, im really liking this project idea. im gonna start planing it out...finding seeds and a good, sunny spot in the woods. anyone else?

4. woods and sunny spot dont usually mix. its sunny now because there isnt any leaves.

open field or next to a woods on the south side usually better areas.

5. your spot needs at least 6 hours of direct sunlight a day to work, most helpful if its at midday when the sun is directly overhead.

IF you can find a location where the wild plant pokeweed grows, MJ will thrive in the same location.

6. good one BPP. yea pokeweed. might be too wet in some areas. how about milkweed. that is another open spp.

7. I live in CT too... I've smoked plenty of dank fresh CT outdoor bud :D

8. Your going to need an early or outoflowering strain, i would get at least 3 strains to find what works best. Find a sunny spot and close to a water source is most important. The only continers you will need is solo cups to start the plants in and transport them in, then transplant into the ground. for ferts you can use some blood meal, bone meal, local topsoil, compost, and organic commercial ferts.

Make sure you have the bone/blood meal mixunder about 6" of regular soil because it might attract animals. They give up after digging a hole or two and realize theres nothing there, no harm done.

DON'T use ANY chem ferts like miracle grow, shultz because it will ruin the soil for years to come! Only organic

And sure its worh it! You can grow pounds of sweet MJ for under $200! And hash OMG! i wont even get started with hash.. bubble, oil, skuff, its all good! :D

9. -how much care is needed? would i have to go to my spot everyday to water it and measure the pH, or is it something more like 3 or 4 times a week?

you never need to measure the hp unless if your plants are sick and your trouble shooting. ph isnt that important in soil unless if your in the extremes.
    once a week is too often once a month is more like it if there in the ground, which is highly reccomended.

-about how long does it take to grow one plant?

They finish in sep-nov, teh earlier you start the plants the bigger they will be, they wont flower earlier unless if yu have an auto flowering strain.

-can you pick some buds off a plant halfway through a grow, and get high off them? or do you need to wait until everything's finished?

yes about 4-5 weeks into flower you can pick some buds but the high is WAY diffrent its like a big head buzz, wierd but cool.

-the pot i buy is always high grade, ive never gotten 1 seed in any of my bags. should i keep looking for seeds or try to buy them off the internet?

Buy from directseeds.to buy from nirvana seeds standard. they have lots of great strains but you need to match the seeds to your climate.

10. thanks for all the help gr0wer, im topping this post for the 5 seeds i got in my last bag ;-) any other help?

11. yea just be smart, stay safe, and have fun!

best of luck
    -Gr0

12. hey i live in CT and i was pretty sucessful last summer the weed was pretty shitty (bad seeds) but it grew

13. it was weird, i'd never gotten seeds in any weed i've bought before posting the original post, and now i'm at around 10 seeds from real good bud. i'm still waiting for the weather to get a little warmer, though.

14. If youve never started seeds before do i in 2 batches one after the next in case you lose any. Starting the seeds is one of the harder parts and you must learn to baby the plants, past 2 weeks they can handle more crap and you dont need to baby them as much.

Grasscity Deals Near You