outdoor grow help needed!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skyyhigh420, Jun 22, 2007.

1. i started an outdoor grow on may 30th
    my plants get about 5-6 hrs of direct sunlight a day and are about 8in.minimum im gonna be transplanting them into the ground soon but im wanting to know how old should they be before ill be able to tell male from female and how old should they be before i start to try to force flowering or if even forcing is needed and whats the best way to do it if so, iv read to put a black trashbag over them but for idk how long...
    plz help i want my first grow a success
    also its just a random bag of seeds can anyone tell me how much yield i could be expecting per plant i know people say it varys alot but just an average number or somethin would be nice to hear

ill try to get pix on here soon
    if i dont forget:smoke:

2. I'd post in the outdoor section....
    6-8 weeks for maturity to distinguish sex.
    Force flowering outside? LOL gluck with that. The season pretty much decides when you flower.
    Since this is your first grow, its outside, and your knowledge seems to be limited (not hating, just saying) I doubt it will be a success in your eyes.
    I couldnt speculate yield because Im indoor.

3. Hey skyhigh, i think you should transplant to the ground as soon as you can. Once the plants are at their 5-6 internode they usually start showing sex around my latitude. Also i dont think you will need to force flower outside the natural tapering off of light for your area will flower them. You can still pull a decent yeild on bagseed plants but the quality of bud isnt always the best. I got 7-8 ounces from two bagseed plants outdoors last year, you can check them out in my thread. Its definately worth a shot and worth the experience. Whats your basic latitude anyways?

4. why wouldnt i come out with any results...
    i have 13 plants that are 3 weeks old that are healthy
    and i must have read a forum on indoor growing bout trigger flowering lol my bad on that part simple mistake when your blazed
    iv definitely done my research on this site just a couple questions that were troubling me
    next time just givew me some advice or something to work with instead of just saying i cant do it..
    ill let you know my yield after harvest =]

5. I never said you cant do it, read into what I was saying. I said it might not be the success your looking for, meaning the yield you want. People all over this forum are under the impression if another grower yielded a pound on an outdoor plant, etc, then they should see something similar. Another mans success may be a dream for some, where as your success needs to be measured on reality. Again, I never said you couldnt do it.

6. 13 healthy 3 week old plants in the ground don't lie. get them transplanted so they can take off. also make sure to top/fim during veg to get more budsites.

7. ya man i know what you mean
    i would seriously be happy with one plant that produced half ounce i dont care i just want to have that feeling of smoking what i worked for..
    but what did you mean dont lie [other guy] i really do have 13 plants 3 weeks old why would i lie lol
    and im transplanting them tomorrow in the ground =]

8. ur just not gonna geta specific number of how much bud ull end up with. u could end up with each plant having half an ounce or each plant busting a couple ounces each or u can end up with no buds because ur plants get eatin or soemthing and considering its bagseed, since no way to tell strain no way to tell what its supposed to yield under best conditions. just gonna have to wait and see.

9. no skyhigh.. I wasn't implying that you were lying about your babies, I was just stoned off my ass so I cant really explain why I typed that :)... best of luck!

10. just try the best u can and if u have any concern just ask ppl on the forum, and u should be able to yield if u think it through

11. thanks guys!
    plants are lookin goood =]