Outdoor Grow Guide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Corto Malteze, Dec 19, 2008.

1. All my plants are started in FFOF with no problems besides lack of Nitrogen by the first week of growth. FFOF is not considered "hot". That means there is a lot of uncomposted, usually poops/manures, causing an acidic condition. The turm"hot" may have been altered due to wrong use of the word. It is supposed to mean a compostable that wasn't composted so it still will make the compost fire up, usually high N.

2. Leaves geting brown spotting

Attached Files:

3. Does anyone have any good soil recipes? I'm just tired by in bag soil.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If they are getting to much light and longer than 12 hours they'll go back into veg than that kinda screws up everything so not b sure how long or if the photo or autos.?
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

5. Thanks for the info. learnt a lot.

6. Holla Corto, six plus years since I was on the site. I had to get a new handle because I couldn't recover the access to oldskool1010
    Cheers

7. I need some clones or clippings! Anyone in the southern California area that could help me out???

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

8. Possible if to much of an increase they go back into veg and it's a long haul going that route. Just from what I read about you moved into more light. I've been told the same thing more light more bud. Well once they flipped most of my older wiser growing buddy's tell me and I believe it the dark is more important in flower. Like go from a light loving plant to wanting and needing the dark the moons movement. so why I know about this is Mom had one beautifully in flower brought outside in the spring and it went into reveg so by adding more light it flipped it back into vegetation

9. Whoa be careful how you word that

10. This is a great guide corto. Thanks for your input. I’ll be referring to this in the very near future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UK outdoor growing...
    Hey all, done plenty of autos indoors over the last few years, but never a photo grow, in or outdoors. I've currently got some three week old seedlings (seedstockers OG Kush and Amnesia, and Dutch Passion Durban Poison), and plan on taking clones of the DPDP to grow outside.
    The DPDP should finish before the cold wet autumn in the UK, not sure about the Kush or amnesia but I was gonna keep them in my tent anyway (might throw a couple cuttings of each outside as a test...)
    Having never taken cuttings I don't know timescales involved. If I'm wanting to plant outdoors in the ground at the start of May, when would I need to take cuttings to allow them time to root enough for that? Would three weeks from cutting to planting out be ok, or is that too optimistic? Cheers all...

12. whats the best food to give a plant 4 weeks away from harvest? small buds i hope to make them bigger ... thanks from New Zealand

13. Going to get that dried grass put up today. But trying something new for myself

Attached Files:

14. I’m looking for info on late season grows in order to get shorter plants. Any special problems? I figure July and aug to be good plant times.

15. This is an excellent write up. I feel bad i removed some yellow fan leaves on my autos. Make a thread for grow 2 soon.

In Australia there isnt good organic made soils, as far as i know.
    I came across Searles Premium Orangic potting mix, but it could be a bit hot for autoflowers, that's all i can grow here.

Searles Premium Organic Potting Mix is a premium grade potting mix containing a unique blend of selected organic ingredients. This organic potting mix is boosted with:

- 5IN1® Organic Plant Food Pellets
    - SeaMax® Fish & Kelp
    - Blood & Bone
    - Potash Bloom Booster

This premium blend of organic and natural ingredients is designed for sustainable and organic growing of potted plants. This mix has excellent water retention properties while also allowing ideal drainage, providing the right conditions for your loved plants.
    About 4 months feed in the soil

5in1 in detail
    Searles 5IN1 Fertiliser Pellets 5kg | Searles Gardening

Sexmax fish and help in detail
    Searles Seamax Organic Fish & Kelp Fertiliser 1Lt | Searles Gardening

Blood and Bone, no need to link is good for N

Potash Bloom Booster
    P4% K 20%
    Searles Liquid Potash 1Lt | Searles Gardening

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. I'm growing critical purple from growers choice. Taproots are out and I planted in an egg carton. About to transfer to 5 g smart bags. Here's what I have.
    10lb brick of coco coir
    2 quart bags of FoxFarm FX14053 Ocean Forest Organic Soil
    Jacks 20-20-20
    4 seeds, 4 bags.

Growing outdoors in Cali 70-80 always. Tons of sunlight. Small balcony, need to keep them short.

I'm thinking of trying 2 all coco coir, 2 soil. Should I do a mix? How much do I water each kind?
    Also, no nutrients until later yes? Just keep it watered and PH balanced.

edit: THANKS!!

17. Please go to my post and help me!!

18. #1139 Lemonfox69, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Nvmm

• Like Like x 1
  19. #1140 Byron420, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Looking for some advice. I'm a new grower and haven't got much experience with my climate / light cycles. If you veg a plant outside for 24hrs using LED spot lamps at night will you be able to get them to flower with 15/16 hours days in sping/summer? Heard the indica's cut off at about 14 /14.5 max light.