Outdoor Grow Guide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Corto Malteze, Dec 19, 2008.

1. so much help thank you so much :D:D

2. no problem! Thanks for posting these kind words! I hope you get pounds come Fall. Hahaha!

3. wow.... ill tell yall wad i been doin 2 grow her...... smoke da weed and thro da seed where u want her to grow... when it rainz and then shinez she will grow on itz own....
    datz y she iz my baby.... and i love her....

PEACE OUT.

4. Complete noob here on growing, and I am from the northeast. Just wondering a good time frame for the northeast. Up here, it gets aout 70 degrees average temp in may or june, but can I start any earlier? I know it has to be after the last frost, but how long after?

5. I'm not in the Us and I use celsius here, sorry. After last frosts.

6. If you start inside now, you should be good to put outside beginning of May.Depending how far north you are I guess. I'm at 40 N. latitude.

7. 1) If I decide to go straight from germination to in the outdoor ground, how should I adjust the soil mixture/growers guide.

2) I've heard if you use organic soil with all these worm castings and nutes, you shouldn't add any nutrients to the soil for at least 2 weeks. So why do you say to add nutes under the plant before planting?

8. #68 Corto Malteze, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    Hi,

-dig holes
    -place 1/2 shovel manure, A cup blood meal, 1,5 cup bone meal
    -mulch
    -leave for 1-2 months or more (to attract worms and micro organisms)
    - take off mulch (or not) cover with less hot soil mix. Add whole fish. Add grown (female) plant. Water with organic teas. If you use a soil mix with slow release ferts in it, water with plain water for 1-2 months until it cools off and then water with teas. I don't use FFOF (not available here).

Link on Organic tea feeding schedule:

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-outdoor-growing/359842-new-growing.html

Guerilla Green's swamp method:

"I just cut the bottoms out of 20 gallon rubbermaid totes and jam them down a couple inches in the mucky swamp. I just break up the swampy ground first with a shovel and there should be just a little standing water in the spot you break up. Then I just put one coco coir block in each tote. I mix in a few gallons of top soil, a pound of worm castings, a pound of tropical bat guano, and a half cup of dolomite lime. I just mix it all up and plant."

Corto's easy soil mix and growing summary:

Start them in solo cups at home -yard- or indoors or outdoors (add slug repellant and copper rings to repel slugs). I placed a crate on an elevated bush with small pots inside the crate. 1 seed per pot. In the solo cups: 50 % store bought good potting soil (no ferts though), 20 worm castings, 30 native soil (dirt) and/or (builder’s) sand (river sand is heavier but works ok too).

For a 2x2x2 hole:

-1 cup blood meal (N)
    -1,5 bone meal. (P) or alfalfa meal
    - 1/2 shovel composted manure (I have a kind with horse, poulty manures and seaweed/kelp mixed in for K).
    - some rock dust

+

-20-30 native soil (the top soil, top 7-8 inches of soil from holes you dig or elsewhere if your soil is all clay for example.

-The 5 things above you mix and put at bottom hole. Cover with mulch, leave for 1-2 months. The worms and micro organisms will come and eat the mix and be excellent to protect and aid your plant.

- What to add after 2 months: it depends on your region and type of land you use (a swampy area in a hot region will still be very wet of course).

- for dry regions on a dry spot (like me): add 20 worm castings, 30 compost, 20-30 vemiculite/peat.

- for wet region: add same first 2 but 20/30 perlite (or builder's sand)/peat.

The remaining 20-30 are the top soil and manures/meals/kelp that are at the bottom.

Also add 1/4 cup dolomitic lime powder.

Water with light teas after 1 month in soil. 2 or 3 shots of w.c tea or nettles (N), fish emulsion (N)(or enzyme emulsion-better-: see Lumperdawgs). Or compost tea (N) etc... Ratio: 1/20. Go 1/30 very light at first so they get a taste of it first you know.

When the buds appear,for ex., use high P liquid bat guano.

Feed them K in veg and flowering. And a little of N in flowering. A little of P in veg.

So in veg: N + K (with a bit of P)

In flow: P + K (with a bit of N)

Twice in season epsom salts (1tsp per gallon)

Last 3 weeks, give them just molasses(1-2 TBS per gallon). N.B: You can kill them with too much organic nutes too. A little goes a long way.

Dig a hole with a mound if it rains a lot. And use more grit/sand/perlite.

Dig a hole without a mound if it's dry. Line bottom and/or sides with brown paper bags (decompose with time), use more peat/vermi. If it's veeery hard to access, use water crystals (synthetic though). Some say taste not affected but it's not organic anymore.

Good luck. The main thing is to be discrete and plan eveything to only visit at night. Of course tell no one and go as rarely as possible. Don't choose a spot with too much sun (means a lot of watering), , minimum 5. 8 is perfect. Use a nearby water source or bring a lot of water at a time in car you hide over there or use a watering machine if you're good at DIY. I'm not. Choose your spot well by scouting very well. Don't rush into digging. But do a lot of scouting to have the perfect spot(s). See my sticky (page 1-3 has links about choosing your spots). Just grow 10-12 females if this is your first. They'll give you a LOT if you beat nature and rippers. It's better that just 3-4 big ones make it to the finish line than 3-6 skimpy ones. You need to provide your plants with everything and they WILL go crazy and give you pounds. 1 plant = 150-200 grams. 4 skinny ones = less.

Ok? Be safe!

9. you said to add grown plant...but i don't have that option. i can either do seed straight to ground or germinate and straight to ground.

10. Ok.
    - Put the seeds in solo cups/small pots. Water gently.
    - They sprout.
    - Place them in a crate on a branch or small bush. That will avoid problem of slugs and animals. Still add copper ring around stems, and slug repellant in crate. 3 hours direct sun is enough. After 3-4 weeks place in holes. No teas or ferts in 1st month (or very little in 3rd week). Worm castings in soil or a rich potting soil/old compost (no ferts) will feed the babies anyway. Make sure you monitor them in first weeks (hard rains will damage them in first 10 days or so). I did the crate mtehod and it worked perfectly. ;)

11. they're autoflower plants, so the seedling phase will be over really fast. so i'll just do what you said but transplant them sooner

12. ok man. No problem.

13. i'm fairly new to the outdoor growing scene. and this is the guide i found most helpful. You covered a lot of the basics and have given me a good platform to start my own operations on. Thank you so much, and I hope this turns out a good harvest! HAPPY GROWING

14. #74 Corto Malteze, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    Thanks. Just remember the basics: tell no one, scout well, find a water source for regular easy watering, then find a stealthy spot near the water (needle in a hay stack idea: plant in an elevated flat large thick homogeneous areas -my favourite places- or in tree lines, semi mountainous wild terrain etc... Make NO TRACKS), some nutes, 5-6 hours sun (enough if this is guerilla , too much sun isn't always good when it's guerilla: heat, + can be too visible). Done deal!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Okay, I'm a VERY Noob grower, I tried last summer, and all my plants died but 2.
    I moved one, it died, the other I moved and it never got out of the "baby" stage(two small leaves and a very thin stem.
    looked similar to corn when it first comes up.
    I want to know how to grow outdoors, without all the grower's jargen.
    I just need to know how I get my seeds into plants ready to harvest and smoke, any help?
    I have about 5 seeds, some are dark(like a brownish with tiny black spots) and some are light(light green colour)
    How do I plant them and tend to them etc.
    and whats the best way? any expert growers to help?

16. This is by far, the best outdoor growing guide I've ever read. It answered every question in absolute. Thank you.

17. did you read the start of the thread or just post this???

every question you have asked has been covered in detail by Corto already - read again - use the search facility and try to limit question to specifics and you'll get all the help you need

18. Glad this helped you out Lion! Thanks Smokeandmirrors!

19. #79 ThePot, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
    quick question and a quick tip:

? - When preparing in advance, just throw the soil and everything else in and leave it for a couple weeks (preferably)? need to cover holes at all? Also for random additions, I plan on grass clippings and maybe some coffee grounds/other compost...top dress now/later? or mix with rest??

tip - just reading through some of 'Cultivator's handbook of Marijuana' (google book previewr ftw!) and never head this before -
    'Avoid ammonium sulfate when buying chemical fertilizer. It kills earthworms." I know MG has it in it, not sure about anything else.

thanks for the mix suggestions and "diet' section corto!!

20. Thanks, hey would ground up acorns help my soil?