Outdoor grow coming along!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by l StayHigh l, May 13, 2009.

1. Ive had a outdoor plant growing for about 6-8 weeks now. It is about a foot or taller id say, and has 6 sets.

Its growing nicely every single day. Anything I need to watch for?

Suggestions?

2. Pictures would be marvelous.

3. I can get pictures tommorrow, batteries have to charge.

I dont plan on updating this thread with pictures everyday.

Im just a noob with a nice growing plant.

4. Well good luck.

5. alright ill just delete the thread and kill it!

might as well, I have no idea what to do when it starts budding, when to harvest, or even how to cure

6. why?

growing a plant is not launching the space shuttle

7. Oh but it is.

8. Maybe read stickies? Just a suggestion..

9. So read the stickies - they were written just for folks like you.

10. When it starts budding, you should switch to a fertilizer with a higher phosphorus and potassium. Which if you dont know, on fertilizer it has 3 numbers, they stand for the N-P-K, you want a higher ratio of P and K (phosphorus and potassium) during flowering.

As for when to harvest, taking atleast a 30x jewelers microscope you can look at the trichomes and they should be 50% cloudy amberish.

As for drying/curing, you should trimm all the leaves off the buds, then you can dry multiple ways. most commonly used is, in a closet, set up a low power fan and hang the buds upside down. that should take 1-3 weeks depending on you harvest. to tell when its dry enough, snapp the stem allitle, it it snaps easily and its brittle, then its dry enough.And curing, just put all the dry buds into airtight mason jars, then " burp" them once a day, which is you just open it up for a minute, then close it up again. And do that for 1-3 weeks. 2 weeks is about average for decent bud, 3 weeks will make it better. and those should be stored in a dry place.

That was just a quick summary. Look through the posts and stickys for more info. and send me a message if you want to know how to dry your plants outdoors f you have a "bad living situation" with room mates or parents