outdoor grow box?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ctruck, Feb 16, 2013.

1. So my attempt at an indoor grow in a shed was ruined by the gf when she found out I was doing it(even tho it was for our consumption). My lights, plants, and setup was all smashed so I want to set something up outside in my woods. I was thinking of making a box with plexi glass sides and plexi glass top for natural sunlight to reach the plant. As for the ventilation can i just have two holes one in top and bottom side. Will natural convection be sufficient? If not is there a way to set up a small fan to a battery since I dont have a ac power supply?

2. Ahaha why build a box to grow outdoors? Just a green house or what?

3. But as for ventilation you will need some sort of fan, when it's in the sun it gets very warm and humid if there's no airflow.
    As for running a fan I could suggest buying 2 rechargeable battery packs, and run one at a time, while
    Charging the other. That would
    Just be a pain in the butt tho.
    Why not just plant right in the outside without a box/greenhouse?

4. Well the weather here is not adequate for another few months but I'd like to start now.

5. Alright I understand now.
    I still believe u would need some sort of fan running during the warmer days, depending on the size of your box, determines the size of the fan. Bigger fan bigger power source. Also during the night, how cold is it getting? A heater may be needed?
    U can run a small computer fan off a 9v battery for a couple hours lol,
    Or you can get a small generator?
    Or rechargeable battery packs? Hardware store etc carry them.

You would have to build the box and figure out how the temp and humidity stay in the box to really completely judge how much power and how big of a fan you would need.
    You don't want too much fresh air getting into your box at night either, because it would get to cold? I'm guessing.

6. How about running a small ventilation fan run off of solar power so it would only turn during the daytime

7. its called a greenhouse lmao

8. Your gf smashed your grow-op?

9. Kick the bitch to the curb and start over! Seriously, if she's being like that and you let her away with it your whole life from here on out will be like that.

10. Smack that bitch. Lol. Not really, but yeah get rid of her.

11. Dont listen to people telling you to smack her, just call the police!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum

12. [quote name='"danktank 420"']Dont listen to people telling you to smack her, just call the police!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum[/quote]

And tell them she smashed his grow op? I doubt he is in a legal state so that probably wouldn't be the kind of thing where you want to involve law enforcement. They usually side against men, and pot growers.

13. ^joke^

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum