Outdoor Grow 2011

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by green.man.420, Nov 30, 2010.

1. So, I'm doing a partially big grow and need some help picking strains to grow. I want at least 6 different ones. Plus 2 different Autoflower strains. All my seeds I want them to be feminized.

So here's some info (my side of the grow) 50 Fem'd plants. 25 fem'd autos. They will be grown in a temperate climate, some woods/brush and some low trees/brush. 3 different properties to grow on with plenty of space. Its around the lincoln state. All my plants will be started indoors and the regular fem'd plants will be topped 4 times or so before they go outside.

I have a stealth watering ideal, and want to run it by you. So I would place a (flat camo) tarp in a V shape and place a 150 gallon drum under neath it. the drum would have a funnel top with a strainer. it would be equipped with a pump that ran off a car battery, it would pump water out the spigot into a camoflage hose and ran securely to the staggered grow plot of 9 plants. when the hose got to the plot it will branch off to each plant, put this on a timer and you got yourself an automatic SILENT watering systerm. Tell me what you think so far!! there is so much to add and go over but I'm ready and super excited for next season.

• Like Like x 1

2. if you dont mind weeding out the males, believe it or not, mexican bagseed grows like wildfire and produces beastly Yields, not the best bud, but it still does the job.

3. I had a similiar idea years ago, then thought to myself what this would look like from above. You would have to do some work to make sure you camo the tarp and 150 gal drum well. Flat camo or not, it's going to look strange from the air and the ground. Just seems to me you would sacrifice your security for this.

4. haha thanks but no :eek: thanks lol ;), I'm gonna grow strictly good dank and they need a shorter flowering time.

I've been thinking long and hard about this too but if you have dense cover and close low trees/shrubs that maybe it could be done, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to have water at my spots, considering 2 of the 3 don't have water sources. I've you have any ideas for me i'd appreciate it.. thanks for the rep bro, and I seriously wouldn't sacrifice my security. (for obvious reasons) :cool:

5. Why waste time with the Autos when you can plant a normal strain and maybe get a pound or more off it outdoors. The several autos I have grown produced 3 or 4oz tops many with even lower weight. They have a limited life span and topping them lowers yield big time, I wont bother with them again outdoors they are great for micro grows and indoors when space is limited.

Happy growing

6. thanks mojo, I'm doing fem'd autos and will not nor would i ever think of topping an autoflower plant LOL :devious:. Im doing them to have some product early on in the season.. I wont have to put much work into them either.

7. im planning to do what you're doing, but i have about 5 Acres in the middle of no where oklahoma, that i've grown on before in a small scale, i've grown Dank indoors, but im probably jsut going to scatter Mexican bagseed everywhere and let it grow wild for a few years, then go back and weed out the males,

8. If your doin this all w/o a partner think of all the work.The material has 2 b moved 2 the location,wich increses the chance of being spotted if by yourself.U said nothin but good cron.that your wantin 2 grow,so nutes have 2 be added.the cost of the nutes.U gonna dig the holes? frquent check ups on all them plants close 2gether:)If u add nutes i nthe soil they have 2 b enough 2 last, then u godda give the voodoo juice towards the end.PESTS!! I really understaamaded em with my grow.Keep them in mind. the nutes 4 the autos? how do u plane on doin that? mixed with soil or not? bact. or fungi medium? if any:)

9. Dude I just noticed the title of this thread, props for putting in the early leg work. Your going to be rewarded big time.

My best advice if water is an issue is find a spot as low on the water table as possible so you can take advantange of any available ground water. Dig your holes deep, and transplant your plants as deep as possible. When I transplant I have the rootball about 6 inches to a foot under the soils surface. Just make sure you don't saturate directly around the base of the plant when watering or you could risk stemrot if your mulching heavily. I've used the water retention crystals before but would use them liberally if you decide on them. I never had to water often so that's all I got, hope it helps a bit.

10. Yes I have a partner, Yes I know of the work and thats why I'm preparing Now!! lol :D two actually, one to drop us off and one to help prep/dig/plan/tend/chop/hang and dry:cool: Will hire some close friends by the hour for the trimming.. :wave:

Anyways....

My plans aren't set in stone yet but are well under way,

Spot #1 - - AKA - - THE SHADY WAY --- May consist of three Plots of 9 or three plots or 6.
    This is a Wooded area with secluded openings and low shrub and tree undergrowth.

Spot #2 - - AKA - - The Third Break --- Will have three plots of 6 and one of 9. This a great place, its got Low trees ans shrubs with good amount of undergrowth. A big pond not far from it with a small stream I can get water from if need be. It takes a lot of walking to get to but is well worth it.

Spot #3 - - AKA - - The Safe Haven --- Okay first off, I haven't decide what to do here but I could do it big here.. possibly. :smoke: There is a pond, good water/running. plenty of undergrowth/small trees/discrete openings and what not.. There is even a swamp back there , I could do a swamp grow of a a few plants... ( AMS by green house) lol.

I will start prepping/scouting February. I have decided what I will do for water, Every time we go out it will be two people, from the first time we go out we will each carry about 18 gallons each person each trip starting in February. As soon as I can dig I will dig about 4 ft by 4 ft and store water in there, cover it with ply wood and grasses and brush and what not, maybe a rock lol. I may have to dig a few of these
    areas. Fencing around every plot I have is a must if I can, also mothballs, fox and coyote piss, human hair, etc... The fencing will be spray painted flat camo and placed as soon as undergrowth starts, if not a lil before, Its there to make a little sanctuary around each plot and keep rabbits and deer away. Oh and Farmer about the mulch, I do plan on putting a thin layer around the tops of the plants. In my soil I haven't quite decided my mixture, but i will mix my own. I plan on doing this : 50/15/15/10/10 - - Local Soil -50 / Topsoil 15 / Per-lite 15 / Peat moss 10 / Vermiculite 10 /. Also adding my own nutrients and occasional tea.

Thanks Farmer, I sure hope so, I can't wait i'm so excited, I already know after snow season (I PLOW snow) I gotta find a different job by summer because im not gonna be able to keep up with the job i have now and in the summer. haha, I'm a foreman and run a landscaping crew, and well now ill be plowing. but anyways, thank you for the info bro, and yes i have a few spots like that and will be on the move as soon as I can LOL :D

11. #11 green.man.420, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    Cart

\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\tItem \t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\tQuantity \t\t\t\t\t\tItem Price \t\t\t\t\t\tSubtotal \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t

[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tRocklock - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    £7.88
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$12.42 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£23.64
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$37.27 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t
    [​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tAfghan Kush - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£7.75
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$12.22 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£23.25
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$36.66 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tViolator Kush - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£8.97
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$14.14 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£26.91
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$42.43 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tLSD - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£7.33
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$11.56 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£21.99
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$34.67 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tKandy Kush - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£11.49
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$18.12 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£34.47
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$54.35 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\t2 Free Feminized Seeds (orders of £20+)

\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t1
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£0.00
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$0.00 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£0.00
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$0.00 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tCole Train - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£9.89
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$15.59 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£29.67
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$46.78 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\tPlease note, all our seeds are sold as souvenirs and by purchasing you agree to our disclaimer in full.
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t
    • Subtotal:
    • \t\t\t\t\t£159.93
      \t\t\t\t\t$252.17

So this is what i think i'm going to order. What do you think?

12. [​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tFruity Chronic Juice - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£8.41
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$13.21 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£25.23
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$39.63 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tTimewarp - Regular

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£5.41
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$8.50 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£21.64
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$33.99 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tMazar x White Rhino - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£8.40
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$13.19 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£50.40
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$79.17 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tMazar Kush - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£7.38
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$11.59 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£44.28
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$69.55 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\tLSD - Feminized

\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRemove
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£7.33
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$11.51 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£21.99
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$34.54 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t\t\t2 Free Feminized Seeds (orders of £20+)

\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t1
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£0.00
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$0.00 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t£0.00
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t$0.00 \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\tPlease note, all our seeds are sold as souvenirs and by purchasing you agree to our disclaimer in full.
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t
    • Subtotal:
    • \t\t\t\t\t£163.54
      \t\t\t\t\t$256.88

My new choices? .. no one is answering meee lol... C'mon Outdoor Growers!!!!

13. Man that list should just about cover it. I see some real winner there. Hope you kick some ass this year.

Keep an eye on that Kandy Kush, it's about as dank as it gets.

14. Agreed. I grew a plant very similar to the reserva privada kandy kush and it turned out to be a real winner.

15. Among best autos out there: Autos nee les soiol and flower quicker so place in final spots very fast. These are bigger types of autos: Recommended by a pro.

auto ak47 from lowlife
    short term amnesia from dutchbreed's

Feminized plants:

Female seeds (Purple maroc, Easy sativa, Grapefruit outdoor). Next year for me. Cheap and earlier.
    GHS white widow or Trainwreck. I grew. Trzainwreck agin next year for me. Cheap finish beg oct.
    DNA RKS (Patriofarmer)...

Using more feminized seeds is a good idea I think.

For watering, I grow near rivers etc...

16. Thanks farmer, The 2nd list of seeds is most likely what i'll be growing. Putting Kandy Kush by Reserva Privada back on the list. I hope so too, we plan on having ( atleast ) 75, 7-8 foot plants..

Awesome thanks bro! I will be doing Kandy Kush.

I've looked and AK47 L.L and i do like it, most likely will grow it. ill be looking up short term next.

Thank you for the seed ideals and info, Greatly appreciated by the way. Me and my buddy are currently scouting new places, swamps, wetlands areas and like you said best of all, near rivers. All my seeds will be fem'd and i will grow those till i can clone the females and put nothing but females out.

17. check out super cali haze from short stuff seedbank, it is the holy grail of all autos.
    i would suggest sticking with ur afghani genetics growing outdoors, less work, less stress, great outcome.:hello: