Outdoor greenhouse plants help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Lilclown, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Strain names are over rated anyways man. My ground here is shit as well. Pure clay. But as long as you dig a nice hole and fill it with your own soil mix, things go much better than in containers imo. Maybe a thought for next year... Here's my area in the spring before I filled the holes and a recent video.

IMG_20170420_201618990.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do I grow it outside the hole and then put it in when it is ready?

3. And damn that is a beautiful outdoor grow

4. Well what I do I start my non feminized seeds in Solo cups in February indoors. Start to flower them as soon as they break the soil, then weed out the males. Then take the females and transfer them to one gallon grow bags and put them under a 16/8 light schedule to revert them back to vegetation stage. And as soon as it's warm enough they go right into their holes until it's harvest time the beginning of October

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow that's amazing that you have it set up like that, mind telling me how you fet them to flower instantly?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Right on. Here in Hawaii, i use the crappiest of top soils, 15 gallons in a wheelbarrow and i amend it with 5 gallons of horse crap that is about 3 months old, 4 gallons of black cinders, 2.5 gallons vermiculate, 2 gallons of 100% worm castings, 2 cups blood meal, 2 cups bone meal and mix well.
    The ladies are about 9' tall and the trunks are the size of a red bull can in 5 gallon pails.

7. Damnn that's crazy

8. All you have to do is start them on a 12/12 light schedule

9. Be aware that container size does matter, but from what i have experienced, anything over 7 -10 gallons is just a waste as the plants roots are unable to utilize all that dirt and you will have excessive in used soil. I am a big believer in feeding the soil and you will have killer roots and plants.

Attached Files:

10. Oh alright thanks

11. Damn that is amazing mind if I use your soil recipe?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sure! I hope it works for you. Use the Mykos and anzos type beneficial fungi as directed. If you use any type of treated water, make sure you use a filter or let it sit for awhile to get rid of the chlorine as it will kill all the fungi and bacteria that you need in the plants root zone.

13. Alright thanks for all the help. But also if you had to get store bought nuterience which one would you get?

14. Same here. After reading the label I couldn't NOT get it. Also found at all major department stores. Has all the goodies that everyone else tries to push for 10x the amount. Instead of buying a bunch of different stuff it's all in one. Has myco too and probiotics. What more could u ask for. Idk why more people haven't caught on. Paying for water is BS in my opinion. Then again I'm super cheap and simplistic too

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chlorinated water DOES NOT kill ALL of your mycco stuff. This has been scientifically proven time after time. I personally feel thats just bs they push to get you to buy their expensive RO systems. I don't even think it kills 1%. wait for a wind or two, population replenished.

16. At least 20gal pot outdoors or in the ground. If you grew with a 20gal and then went back in time to grow with a ten gal, your then future self would be greatly disappointed. For a little bit more money, the yeild diff is huge

17. You said you're growing on la Jolla coast? I'm right below you in Baja California growing in concrete clay and 120degree weather. Trust, if I can do it you can too. Plant in the ground with good soil and surround it with a little moat of wood chips for aeration. If there's a will there's a way

18. Also roots grow insanely fast. My 10gal plants literally started sprouting roots from the side of my 50gal pots in just two weeks after transplant!!! No myco stuff was used. That's already in the dirt

19. I'd buy any pH balanced soil (majority are balanced) as long as it drains. The cheaper soil are cheap cuz it doesn't come with perlite most of the times. Little perlite, bam, good draining soil. Then buy a bag of vegetable Dr earth stuff and sprinkle on top. They have a feeding schedule for cannabis too (say what!!). Every two weeks just top dress. Other than that, just water with the hose. No need to PH either. Mine reads 8.2. runoff always comes out at 6.8

• Like Like x 1
  20. Oh and one more thing that no one ever mentions when mag def issues pop up. Root aphids and/or fungus nats. Inspect for them. They cause the exact same issues. Exact same!! If you add more nutes it'll bite you in the ass twice as hard. If you can't find any then maybe a little Epsom salt. I still wouldn't though. Just a transplant with good soil