Outdoor drying?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PuffPuffShred, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Before i get any shit for this, I did in fact search for a thread on this. Basically my issue is this: I have 7 plants about 2 weeks into veg and I can't bring anything inside. Is it safe for the buds to be dried outdoors? If so, could this be done with just a simple drying box? Any tips/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. this is very tricky. theoreticlly you could but the humidity and temp would have to stay at an ideal range for around a week for good results. if it rains and even if your box is covered the humidity the rain brings could mess up the operation pretty good. this has happened to me in the past. make this a last option. maby you can dry it at a friends place?

3. Well, i was afraid of that. I appreciate the help nonetheless. Come harvest time, I think I'll just try and get the buds over to my...ehem "mycology lab" located in an abandoned house.

4. Yeah it can be done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1N_3qSmKb4&feature=related"]Check this Video[/ame]

You might have to manuver a bit, but you can make it work.

5. that guy surely has a lot of shwag! but you can dry your buds outside in a box as long as humidity is low. I know of some people who have succefully dried in october/november during frosts which gave their buds a really unique smell since the air sucked all the moisture out of the buds during drying.