outdoor drying ideas?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by freakie, Jan 19, 2011.

1. hi guys!

im sure this has been discussed before but the search function wont work for some reason? anyway i will be growing this year and im thinking of ways to dry outside. Ive read about possibly taking the whole plant and putting it in a garbage bag upside down in a tree, but that doesn't seem like i will get good enough airflow... so this is my idea, take a rope and stretch it between 2 tree`s, put a tarp over it and stake it to the ground. then hang the buds and let dry until they break to the touch. opinions? another idea i just had that seems like it might work its using a shed in an abandoned property down the street. i could rig up a fan and have that blowing on them also. i would love to do the water cure method but i dont have a food dehydrator and my local walmart doesn't carry them for some reason? anyway thanks guys and if you have any other ideas on how to dry OUTSIDE of the house i would really appreciate it. (wifey doesn't know i still smoke hehehe :bolt: )

thanks blades and bladies!

btw sorry if this is nearly illegible im baked :smoke:

2. i got a good 1
    i take a box and tie sum string from side to side in rows
    cut bud off stem close to bud. then hang bud on the string using a small wire. put the sun leaves n brown paper from the little lunch bags all tore up to absorb extra moisture. cut some small air flow holes n put netting over so bugs dont get on the bud. then buy a couple small hand size fans, like the ones little kids use that take like 2 AA batteries. tape the buttons so they stay on so it circulates the air constantly. if your worried about people spotting the box buy a small hunting camo tarp n place over it. just don't cover air holes.

3. dude i would find a good friend or just stick it in brown paper bags. do you really want to risk someone getting all your buds you finally harvested or have it ruined to mold

4. water cure method? I have missed something. Whats the word on the streets bro?!