outdoor cloning experiment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gr0wer, Jul 7, 2003.

1. I just moved my clone to outside for an experiment its in a small vitamin container. The temps are 75-90 degrees where I live and the humidity is high around 70 even more in the forest. At first i put the clone in direct light just to see, but it started to wither wihtin 10 min, so i decided to place it under some low grapevines . I will check and see how it worked on tuesday.

This is my outdoor water cloning experiment: If i get a large water container the temp will be more constant and it will retain warmth in the day and hold it through the night. Im going to try to use a rubermaid container filled with water. I will drill holes like when doing a are coloner and have 6-8 clones in it. I will place this is a bush or a spot where the canopy dosent have large openings.

2. Keep us posted. By the way stay away from that 13 year old. I don't know if he read the rules or what, but I think even communicating can get us in trouble. I Pothead pete like this site!!!!!!!PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I was on my first thread of the day when I think someone said they were 13. I forget their name but it was blank13.I told them to stay off unless they were 18. Haven't gotten a reply yet.PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. THC you weren't at the thread . But I am pretty sure grower was. I forgot the kids name though, but it was something13. Just burned one after waking up you know.

5. I started on the cloning container. Its a 1 gallon rubermaind container. I drilled 8 1/2" holes aprox 3" on center. I will be painting it black with vinyl paint to keep the light out, then white on top of that to keep the thermal exchange down.

My goal is to hover around the average outside temp as the resevoir temp. It would be easier mainting the average temp with a bigger container and more water but i dont feel like luging 20 gallon to the woods for an experiment. I will be seting it up later this week after the bi layer paintjob is on and dry.

6. and there are alot of welcome people under 18 here, its just they have to keep it on the low down..... ;)

7. If the mother was in 24/0 lighting you can have the clone on the same cycle, but you don't have to. What you don't want to do is take a clone from a mother who is in say,18/6, and put it on a 24/0 cycle. The clones chronological age will revert to zero and it will have to start the veg. process all over again.
    Any plant going from a light/dark cycle to 24/0 will revert back to age zero.

8. I heard all rooting should be done with 8/16 becasue the rootgrowth takes place at night. Not like i have any control over it.

The one experimental clone got tiped over and the water spilled out. Then it was eaten by bugs. So im also going to place a wire screen around the clones to stop animals or medium sized bugs like grasshopers from mucning on them.

9. Never heard that, I always switched mine to 18/6 for sexing anways.

Why don't you just bring them in and put them on a window sill to root?

10. I dont think my dad would aprove of clones siting on my window with my 10 year old bro here. And if i was living at my own home and doing an outdoor grow i wouldnt like to bring evidence to my house, no reason. I ment to say 16/8 i just fliped the #s.

11. hey there im in northern ONTario.. and am growing a few 2 plants.. its now thursday july 24th 2008 - my question is..

my plants are about 2-3 feet high now they were originaly clones. I planted them outside in the bush. they have been outside now for 4-5 weeks thee very green and voluptiouse.. im new at this so i dont know what pistols look like.. there is lil leafy hairy looking things comming out the crevis's of branches they dont look like buds yet.. can any one tell me if this is what the pistols are. that everyone is talking about online... ty in advance

rza

12. yea those sound like them. but you should read cantharis' link on SEXING. itll help you out. and wait a while those hairs will grow into buds.