Outdoor cannabis greenhouse question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mad ganja702, May 17, 2016.

1. First things first if I build a greenhouse in my backyard to grow my cannabis and what's the lowest temperature they can grow in how would I keep the grow greenhouse and how what I cool it

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Stupid AutoCorrect what's the lowest temperature that a cannabis plant can't handle how would I heat the greenhouse in the winter and how would I cool the greenhouse in the summer

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Depends on the size of the greenhouse. Small greenhouses can be sufficiently heated by creating thermal mass. Put down a layer of stones/gravel inside your greenhouse. Some people move they're compost bin inside the greenhouse to create heat. Probably the most popular small green house method would be an electric heating unit. Germination/pot mats work well in some situations to keep the plants themselves warm, and ceramic pots hold heat well in the winter. Ideally you would want to keep your temps 60F or above at all times.

In the summer to keep temps down you're gonna want good ventilation. Some of the smaller greenhouses can be opened up completely on either end to provide a constant wind flow. Bigger houses generally have large intake and exhaust fans.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plants may survive lower than 60 but they'll stunt/slow growth for a bit. I put mine out too early. They're ok, but like I said...growing slow.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 2
  5. My greenhouse has already reached 110 this year lol just make sure their getting cool water. We also use superstarter to help with stress mist tubes are great too
    But i find frost is more of a concern than heat