Outdoor bucket list

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by loopster, Jan 14, 2014.

1. #1 loopster, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    I adore all outdoor sports.. Everything, you name it, but I don't feel like I know all the possible sports that do exist so if it has to do with being outside surrounded by nature I want to do it. My compiled list is small as of now since I work 6 days a week so I want to start chipping away and posting some pictures of my adventures
    So far I
    Snowboard 1/16/14 keystone Only two pics of me heading to the north and south bowls bottom of the
    Mountain bike
    Hike
    Cliff jump
    Lake/stream fishing
    Hunted: not a huge fan of shooting "trophies"
    Camp
    Dirt bike: still need to buy my own
    Scuba dive

My next ventures will be Surf Windsurf Slack lining Skydiving Whitewater kayak not raft Rock climb Ice climb BASE jump Ocean fishing Backpacking Stand up surf board rowing?

Lol I know I've forgot a lot and that's why I am asking you guys for more sports if you will so I can reach my enlightenment

2. Surf. It'll change your life.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I used to try to windsurf and had a 16 foot Hobi cat racing sailboat.

Sailing my look mellow but not when you go out in big wind.

I want to skydive big time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can't believe I forgot surf that should have been one of the first on my list and windsurfing afterwards... That works thanks for the input guys "I experienced several more of these deeply euphoric moments on my rambles through forest and meadow. It was these experiences that shaped the main outlines of my world view and convinced me of the existence of a miraculous, powerful, unfathomable reality that was hidden from everyday sight" -Albert Hoffman-

• Like Like x 1
    You're using past-tense. Don't sail anymore?

I caught the sailing bug when I first came down under, and I stayed with a guy for a couple weeks who lived on one. He took me up and down a short stretch of the coast and showed me the ropes, so to speak. It's definitely not mellow, but it feels pretty boss. I'd liken it to surfing, in that there's no feeling quite like being propelled on the open ocean by only natural forces. It connects you to the planet in an awesome and organic way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Outside? What's that?  :confused:  :confused:

7. I really need thrills sailing sounds interesting what do you guys think is a good way to learn to sail like a week voyage is sufficient? Just to learn not master or anything fancy lol"I experienced several more of these deeply euphoric moments on my rambles through forest and meadow. It was these experiences that shaped the main outlines of my world view and convinced me of the existence of a miraculous, powerful, unfathomable reality that was hidden from everyday sight" -Albert Hoffman-

8. There's a lot that goes into sailing, so definitely do your research on technique and terminology. If you live on the coast, there's probably a place somewhere nearby that offers lessons and you can find your sea legs on a single-handed boat. I know that the place near me offers a class and practical sessions (once a week) over something like six weeks. I think it's expensive though. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
    I sold my boat to my best friend , but i will still get to sail when it actually hits water. We do the double trapeze wire and fly a hull , hauling ass.

I only know a few sailors so I will capt. or crew. We used to get fucked up. I can tell some funny stories,

Here is a short one, we were sailing 2 boats us and a dude with 2 chicks on a trimaran . We went in to get beer and were too drunk to sail more. they flipped and could not right the boat so they set on the boat upside down till a boat came to get them. In the mean time our drunk ass's go over into dudes motor home and help ourselves to a pot roast he was cooking and ate his dinner.

Too drunk to sail LOL the roast was good...

• Like Like x 1
    Sounds like a good fucking time. I've been too drunk to do a lot of things in the past, but I can't say I ever got a good dinner because of it. :laughing:

I have such limited sailing experience. It's something I'd definitely love to get more involved in, but I don't know anyone who does it. My future definitely has a sailboat in it though, of that I am certain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scuba diving
    jet skiing
    marlin fishing
    fly fishing
    spear fishing
    sand boarding
    down hill skate boarding/ snake runs
    mountain boarding
    dirt bikes
    ride a dumpster down the street with all your buddies inside
    wake boarding
    knee boarding
    water skiing
    ice skating
    ski mobile adventures
    charity rallies (i.e. Mongolian rally, rickshaw challenge, etc.)
    clay pigeon shooting
    archery
    and all those summery type sports like bowls, badminton, croquet etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. At the bottom of these trees I landed in an unavoidable rock garden My boards ok we are good ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389914009.650529.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389914020.133143.jpg "I experienced several more of these deeply euphoric moments on my rambles through forest and meadow. It was these experiences that shaped the main outlines of my world view and convinced me of the existence of a miraculous, powerful, unfathomable reality that was hidden from everyday sight" -Albert Hoffman-

13. Anyone who can't get up to the mountains check this shit out http://www.winterparkresort.com/the-mountain/terrain-parks/ruby-hill.aspx"I experienced several more of these deeply euphoric moments on my rambles through forest and meadow. It was these experiences that shaped the main outlines of my world view and convinced me of the existence of a miraculous, powerful, unfathomable reality that was hidden from everyday sight" -Albert Hoffman-

14. I love climbing and mountaineering.

15. Frolfing! Off roading, not kidding. Longboard or skateboard. Flying squirrel diving. Bunjee jumping cliff diving

16. Frolfings fun I need a little more of an adrenaline rush I'm a fruitbooter4lyfe I may get on a longboard but not a sktbrdThanks bra