Outdoor Automatic late 2021 - Discussion & Help appreciated

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by olMan, Aug 4, 2021.

1. so here we go now the exact waits ... well minus a couple of spliffs for Sophia and Dorothy ... dried
    each 1oz ... hiphop hurray

IMG_3777.JPG
    IMG_3775.JPG

Rose and Blanche are still outside on the balcony not hearvested yet, had a good week last week and sunny till weekend, thee two are really budding up

• Like Like x 2
  2. #262 olMan, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    JOURNAL #007
    2021-09-08

Grow-Room-Round-Up
    IMG_3808.JPG IMG_3816.JPG IMG_3812.JPG IMG_3813.JPG IMG_3810.JPG

my grow room is set up, and as you can see meanwhile I am the boss controlling temp and humidity
    humidity is very easy to control, the hungup towel is directly in the blow of the the fan
    it doesn't touch the wall and is grounding into the grey tray
    now I can water the system from the top
    or fill in at the tray for capilaric soaking up into the towel or easy hang it out and drown it with water in the grey tray ... very effective I can bring up RH 50 to RH 85 in 30 mins if necessary, low cost KISS

have installed a energy meter as well that calculates my e-bill by consumption in € :)

so far that seems a good setup by now, I can control light, temp, humidity and keep thee stable
    let*s improve that and make notes what workz best for what ... learning by doing

now that I have a nice yield from the golden girls to keep me going these two are really stess free growing, I mean I don't care for their yield, they are just experience-dummy meanwhile

's up next? ... news from the golden girls ... Blanche and Rose are doing reaaaallllyyyy nice ;)
    stay tuned

• Like Like x 2
  3. those of you following the whole journal know that it is mainly about lucy and lilliy in the little growroom and that this is my 2nd grow only
    but I always post updates on the 1st grow as well

so what about the GOLDEN GIRLS ???

Sophia, Dorothy, Rose and Blanche ... here the last pic of thee all 4 together andalive

IMG_3735 Kopie.JPG

weather was so for 6 critical weeks, it turned right at the end of first flowering week to a 5-6 weeks constant rain and high humidity that I was not able to get down fast enough. result budrot starting on sophia, rose and dorothy.
    sophia and dorothy where effected most rose just a little and blanhe beeing like 1.5-2 weeks behind the other 3 wasn't effected at all
    so I had to cut of nice buds and cleared the 3 effected rather generous from the rotten buds

one day later on DAY 67
    IMG_3740.JPG

that procedure was maybe a little too much, maybe I should have defoliated a little less and left some bigger fan leafs to thee 3, cause in the end only rose survived the procedure. dorothy and sophia continued slowly with some more rot I had to cut of, and then didn't recover so I had to chop the both :( R.I.P.
    Selassie Ey ... there was enough trichomes that the yield turns well ;)

I read a lot about drying and curying, git help from you and the fam over in papa puffs thread but still made mistakes.

7/7/7 brass said, and I had 77 temp 70 RH and 4 days only as I dryed them in the growing room where 24 hrs ventilation for shure was not best idea
    so after 4 days they where crisp outside and well dry inside not beeing the biggest buds
    then they went into glasses and I cure them now
    took me 4 days to get temp in the curebox down but that is solved now

resume at half the way on grow N°1, I learned a lot
    have now a setup for drying in a tin barrel where I can control conditions, a working curebox
    and there is blanche and rose out on the balcony :) so I can improve on these two when it comes to harvest dry and cure

ok Blanche and Rose on DAY 79
    left Rose / right Blanche

IMG_3826.JPG IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3830.JPG IMG_3831.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looking good.

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. question for my indoor grow

this video, 5 mins shows a complete indoor cycle of automatics
    and of cause in a perfect way with best circumstances I bet, it is by royal queen seeds video LOL

let's forget about the light height sizes and nutes shit in the video and concentrate on temps and humidity ... besides that the week is a bit of a more elastic value ... but as a rough rule to go along with, what do you think about the temps and humidity in the video according to the stages like seedling, vegi, preflower, flowering, late flower in general
    they seem quity low to me

6. JOURNAL #008
    2021-09-14

LUCY & LILLY ... LST, FLOWERING

VEG 32 for both of them, but already FLOWER DAY 2 for the Critical Fast Bud aka LILLY ;)

last TUE (VEG 25) I started the LST and bend the main stem nearly 90° down and sorted the branches out on both of them. the I added on SAT morning the 2 LED bulbs, extra 150W I thought
    they are 6700K so really white or shall I say blue .. 36 hrs later on sunday night LILLY clearly showed flowering, not only some single pistils ... so that was just in time to a little late starting LST, next time mid end of week 3 ... noted, but it was in time
    I have sorted out the branches, the fat crinkle has healed and is really strong, the branches can now go apical.

IMG_3850.JPG IMG_3842.JPG IMG_3843.JPG IMG_3844.JPG IMG_3845.JPG IMG_3846.JPG IMG_3847.JPG IMG_3848.JPG IMG_3849.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. thx to @Dr M's advice I managed to bring the two old gorls from the balcony inside
    weather is so bad that I was afraid to loose hearvest again like on the other two of the golden girls

IMG_3875.JPG IMG_3876.JPG IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3878.JPG IMG_3879.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. stadium seating will wrk in this situation..you be alrite but that humidity bears watching..its kinda high

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. thx doc, already lowering the humidity to 60/65 that a good value?
    temp was high last days and if I learned well b the VPD chart, for temps in the hig 70s 70/75 RH is ok for veg and as I am lower now and have end flowering girls as well I will lower it as VPD chart says 60/65

• Like Like x 1
  10. i say keep a eye out cause wit more plnts you got more transpiration going on..i'm not in touch wit humidity as you are being i'm in desert..i can't advise but it SEEMS high to me..i'm going off old info on the stoma opening and closing at certain dew points..i'm sure you'll look it up..your chart says the WHAT but not the WHY..

• Like Like x 2
  11. maybe Brass will tlk about PM..powdery mildew..it likes high humidity and is bud rot's cousin..har harr har!

• Like Like x 2
  12. re: "stoma opening and closing at certain dew points"

that is the little bits and peaces that I like a lot on yoz, some kees to kift me to next step gathering infos and trying to understand what's going on and learn to read the babes, compare them with measured values and adjust light temp RH watering nutes to optimize

so far I am happy with the pooper cab as growroom
    bit tricky tetris now when watering LOL
    but I have a hanger to lift thee light to max, roll out the 2 big ones a bit water in teenies and roll the big ones and and let the lights down, workz

will kepp an eay on humidity and read about the stome dew points, thx doc

• Like Like x 2
  13. thats better I guess

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 12.15.51.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. the pooper-cab is working along and shes like it, especially the 2 golden girls love beeing inside with less humidity

36 hrs after I brought blanche and rose inside trichomes start to amber :)
    now without experience I need help please, shall I and if when flush?
    I gave nutes today and think it will have been last time, from now on water only right?

IMG_3886.JPG IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3884.JPG IMG_3885.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. comes time the 2 goldengirls are cut down and harvested the whole lights are then for the two teenies, lucy & lilly

as I have only 1x SF 1000 + the 4 extra bulbs the light will not be spread equally
    the two teenies are then sitting on trolleys and can be moved within seconds
    would it make sense to move them and change daily the postion in a given cycle as shown in the graphics (and there is many more options than these 4), or do shes no like to be moved and turned?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-18 um 23.00.32.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. i think daily rotation of your plts under the lite is fine in theory..in practice its as tedious as the frz pk shuffle i do wit my hydros but wrth it in the long run on your journey of discovery..later you may say thass too much hassel and drop the technique but for now why not..i did bk in the day..you already farr ahead of indr grwrs who still grw x-mas tree shaped plnts and worry about burning top of plnt..to me thass like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic..har,har,har!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. i was going to do this entirely in the chamber but it out grew the chamber and this is prime hydro weather..sunny days and cold nites..so i diy insulation jckt and it'll go outside in the morn DSCN3271.JPG DSCN3276.JPG DSCN3277.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. her sistas..she was the runt but caught up DSCN3272.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. all very true, so I will do
    TY doc

20. It all looks good, nice plants man.

• Like Like x 2