Outdoor Automatic late 2021 - Discussion & Help appreciated

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by olMan, Aug 4, 2021.

1. ugh! time to wtr the crew outdrs..hat and pants required..a little chilly out there

2. huahuahua little chilly. let me guess ... chilly for you is all below 80s ?

3. #243 olMan, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    @Dr M ... sorry I do not want to annoy you, but being a rookie there is still so many questions and thoughts that come to my mind

light again.
    ok, the teenies are in the toilet with the SF 1000.
    since yesterday the weather changed and we have a big high now over central europe
    temperature is mid end 70s, blue skies and full sun from 10am to 3pm with a nice breeze to keep them in movement
    this high should last at least till next friday says the weatherforecast and the remaining 3 golden girls really seem to profit

so now I wonder if the teenies would benefit from these 5 hrs of super conditions and natural sunlight
    it does not make any effort to carry thee out for these 5 hrs and bring them in for the rest of the day

on top I would have some more darkness in the toilet, as unforunately I do not have any other place to dry the goldengirls then in the toilet

good idea? worth doing? or would the teenies be stressed by changing conditions too much and better leave them in the toilet completely?

4. bringing plnts in and out is inherently dangerous..enough to outweigh any unknown advantages imo..rember you had bud rot get strt'd out there and you don't know how yet..stay under the lite

• Like Like x 1
  5. thx doc, will keep them inside !!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    Dropped on the 14th

[​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. #247 olMan, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    looking nice brass !!!

I am pi$$ed ... shipped on the 31st and 3 days later still no delivery ... I need that bloody thermo-/hygrometer

• Like Like x 1
  8. finally the hygro/thermo and the fan arrived today
    installed them at 8pm and now checking
    temp is a bit high, 80-82 am checking options how to cool it bit more say 77
    RH is now with a wet towel approx 66 will try to raise it to 70

shes like it so far, the leaves are nice fresh green, haven't watered for 6 days, soil stil humid enough IMHO
    and they are growing busy new leaves and branches and now get shaken by the fan as well to become strong girls

slowy slowly I am getting control of this 2nd grow, time to give the 2 teenies names ... :lmafoe:

9. ok controlling humidity seems quite easy
    with the wet towl method in the airflow of the fan I could go from initially 53 RH when installing the hygro as far up as 80 RH and now with less towel in the airflow can keep it around 68-71 that should be ok !?

temp is rather high around 82/83 °F
    have to make a plan how to lower it, respectively be able to lower and control it
    SF1000 is now at 80% and 19.5" from the top of the plants
    plants went down to bottom / floor an fan is aiming on thee heads and the SF1000

the fan is rather loud, the propeller is not ballanced and the axis it is mounted rather long so the whole fan is shaking like beeing naked on the south-pol
    will have to fix that so he will make less noise

10. What happens when you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night????
    Also I clicked this topic just because of the bathroom pick, my first grow was in my tub/shower thankfully we had two bathrooms to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  11. pretty easy, it's just my wife and I
    we haven't used that for 10 years, it's more like a locker
    guests took the regular bath like we do, so it is not a problem and on top I can lock it with a dime from outside too ;)

12. the window has 3 options
    - locked :)
    - pull the top bar down 100° and have a click, window is locked but the gap that opens is ... well open
    - oull the bar over that click additional 30° down, the window unlocks and can be flipped around and opened completely

now I had it like this lights off at 24:00 and fan off
    10 mins and the temp is down to 77.2 ° F

will have to play with this and adjust the right opening and the right time of day and timer for light and fan

IMG_3766.JPG

13. hah! my indr is the linen closet in the bth rm..during the drk cycle i have a green lite motion detector in the toilet bwl..lites up when i wlk inn there.. upload_2021-9-4_15-48-20.png wrks great ad cheap DSCN3168.JPG using drk blue shwr curtain across dr at nite

• Like Like x 1
  14. i put the stay bent on this morn..already frm'd into bush i want..flwr cycle strts tonite DSCN3204.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. last night I rearranged again a tiny bit the towel for the RH and opened the window completely to bring the temp down quick

then the lights and fan went off for the nightcycle per timer and I closed the window and left just the handle-bar-gap open
    at 05:30 am timer started, SF1000 at 80%
    and when I had a look at 09:30 am temp is at 76.2 and RH at 70.8

now I have to step by step finetune that setup to keep the temp and humidity steady at this stage and I am happy for VEG, when it comes to flower and I raise the SF1000 to 100% than I will finetune once more not to make the temp rise again

all in all I am learning, understanding ... mes happy for now and the teenies look happy too !!!

16. oh and BTW ... my wife choose the names this time
    she had a look at thee both
    she looked from all sides and then all off a sudden she said:
    "this is LUCY and that is LILLY"
    so here we go, the Hidu Kush now is Lucy and the Critical Fast Bud is Lilly ... :yay:

17. Imho your fan should remain on at all times

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. even at night when lights are out ? running 18/6

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes. Mine goes none stop.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1