Outdoor Autoflower Problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lsdsjflsf, Jun 21, 2017.

1. I have an autoflower I'm growing outdoors on Day 34 from the time it sprouted from seed. Growing in FFOF/HF potting soil/EWC and HF fruit and flower. I've been giving EarthJuice Grow and Catalyst the last 2 weeks (maybe 3 times). The plant has developed some slight powdery mildew which I just noticed as well and treated with peroxide and water. I believe I have bug problems also based on the little light green lines on some leaves. I don't know if this is nute burn, potassium def problems ,bug issues or other problems. Any help appreciated. Ph is around 6.9

20170621_095358.jpg 20170621_095414.jpg 20170621_095452.jpg 20170621_095533.jpg

2. Not sure about the deficiencies, but those lines seem to look like leaf miners. Look them up. I have had the same problem on my outdoor auto grow

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Any idea if insecticidal soap will get rid of them..I sprayed some assuming it was some kind of bug

4. Not really. People recommend Spinosad. I personally used yellow stickers to kill the adults and neem treatment on the plants. Mix about 30 ml of 100% neem oil with about a litre of water and 3 ml of a liquid dish wash soap. Spray it on the plants completely till it's dripping. Especially the underside of the leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok I actually just picked up some RTU neem pre mixed that I was about to use as a follow up..much appreciated...no idea about the dying leaves? They would've shown nute burn signs long ago if the soil was too hot wouldn't they have? Earthjuice isn't supposed to burn plants but maybe I'll hold off just in case

6. If it's a nute burn, it would generally be seen at the tips of all the leaves. If it claws downward then it's nitrogen toxicity.

Regarding the neem treatment, repeat the spray every once in 4 days for about a couple of weeks. The neem does not kills the miners and gnats but breaks their egg cycle which they lay on the underside of the leaves. You can also spread some neem cake at the top of your soil.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Appreciate it..

8. Outdoor grow is no picnic - I'm in Pa near the woods & wildlife so my pots are off the ground. The plant looks healthy & I think the one leaf was a lunch for any BUG. The yellow on bottom leaf is not uncommon & you can cut it off if you want.

I use Neem or a Soapy water mix & drench both sides of each leaf. I saw a guy that made a cover out of screendoor or window screen to keep bugs out. It was crude but maybe a great idea - water & light still get in at nearly same rate. If only 1 or 2 plants growing it's a must do to keep them thriving.

Check also for moisture level and keep the sun turned up. Bugs, I hate them but know we need them. Again they look healthy up top. Beware the dam Spider mites - I take close up picture then blow up on laptop If there's a Mite camp you will see it. Tasty soon to be buds though Good luck and check them daily if you can.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah growing outdoors is no child's play that's for sure. Ive run across probably all issues one can have with a plant from PM, to hot, to humid, to much rain, to little rain,floods, basically tropical storm weather etc.. everything literally short of the plant catching on fire --which w the temps around here is probably next..anyways I used neem which seemed to help as well as diatamaceous earth for top of soil..worked like a charm so far and have the plant drying as we speak.. appreciate the info nonetheless