Outdoor 2022 NorCal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kronicly Insane, Jul 28, 2022.

1. It’s been a while since I posted it visited Grasscity but I figured I would try to get back into posting. My goal is to share with other so they can improve their gardens. I’ve been growing cannabis for 13 years or so. I grow outdoors and indoors. This journal will consist of this years outdoor garden.

Here in NorCal the days are getting shorter and flowering is upon us. I have 14 plants and 13 strains with on starting to show flowers.

The plants are all from clones and the strains are Bad Apple, Black Cherry Gelato, Gelato 33, white Runtz, purple sunset, Donny burger, platinum fire og, white buffalo, 4G, Cherry Koolaid, warrior Kush, the one X ace PCK, snoops dream X 9lb hammer.

All are either planted in the ground in hole with about 100 gallon holes with a high quality soil if in 65 gallon fabric pots. I do a no till organic garden that gets top dressed with a dry amendment fertilizer that I mix myself. During veg I feed high nitrogen tea and will switch to a bloom blend during flower. All my plants get a thick layer of alfalfa straw as a mulch layer. It’s great at rejecting heat away from the soil, retains moisture and feeds the plants as it breaks down. It’s also the key to dense flowers as it release the same compound naturally that’s the same thing sold in commercial bud hardners. Next week I plan to start lollipopping the plants. I don’t like small buds and will remove a good amount from the bottom of the plants. I don’t get too crazy with the trimming, just enough to open things up and reduce the amount of small flowers. I treat the plants every 7-10 days for pest even without any sign of pest. It’s pested to prevent them from getting established. Enough talking. Enjoy the photos and ask questions. I’m here to help teach my methods. IMG_2494.JPG IMG_2590.JPG IMG_2592.JPG IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2591.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. nice how do you combat pests and pm?

3. #3 ottafish, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Looking good! What does your flowering nutrient or top dress consist of? I like getting different perspectives from as many viewpoints as possible.

4. I have a. Hudson Atomizer that I use to spray my plants at sunset one every 7-10 days. I alternate what I use each week. Fir caterpillars and other soft body insects I use Spinosad or BT. For aphids, mites, gnats, ect.. I switch between Big Time Exterminator, Neem oil, Azamax or other products. Every time I add about 1/2 oz of dish soap per gallon of water. It acts as an emulsifier and also will plug the airways of sone insects causing their death. Ensure when you spray that you cover the bottom of the leaves, as that’s where mist insects live and lay eggs. If you have a infestation I recommend treating plants every 3-4 days for about 2 weeks or no signs of and insects.
    I like the Atomizer as it puts out a fog that gives great coverage of the plants. I also end up using less solution and can treat my plants from a distance.

5. I mix my own nutrients that I too dress with and will also make tea once a week.
    Top dressing includes dry amendments such as bone meal, bat guano, seabird guano, worm castings, kelp meal, alfalfa meal and a few other items that I can’t recall.
    For t to he teas I use the dry amendment plus will add Moor-bloom, linguist kelp, black strap molasses, and earth juice bloom. I let the teas ferment for 2 days while mixing in my diy vortex brewer.

6. Sunday plants were treated for pest as a preventative measure. They were also feed their first tea focused on flowering as a few strains have begun developing buds. The soil has been supercharged pyrite to plants them outdoors so it should help grow huge flowers. My goal is to feed them once a week. This year is looking to be my best grow at this spot due to my neighbor remover 16 very tall Italian Cypress trees that shaded out my garden for most the day in years past. I still could use 2 other neighbors trimming or removing tall trees but at least now I get a-lot more sunlight than I did before. I will try to update this grow journal at least weekly. Enjoy the photos and feel free to ask questions. IMG_2685.JPG IMG_2686.JPG IMG_2687.JPG IMG_2688.JPG IMG_2689.JPG IMG_2690.JPG IMG_2691.JPG IMG_2692.JPG IMG_2693.JPG IMG_2694.JPG IMG_2695.JPG IMG_2696.JPG IMG_2697.JPG IMG_2698.JPG IMG_2699.JPG IMG_2701.JPG IMG_2702.JPG

7. Garden is doing great. Most the plants have begun to flower. I have one plant that’s a runt but everything else is huge. I plan to feed the soil a strong flowering tea in 2 days. I plan to hit them hard each week so I can end up with giant flowers. Everything is organic so it’s hard to burn the plants. As Falk gets closer it’s almost time to get new clones and fie up the indoor tents. This year I’m thinking of running 2 tents using different lights. I may or may not grow the same strain in both tents. I’ll pro all run the same strains in part of the big tent and the smaller tent. That would give me a 8’x4’ area worth I’d one strain and between 8-18 plants. Anyways here’s the outdoor girls. Tomorrow they get a good fogging to prevent bugs. So far their not much damage to the plants. I haven’t seen any pest. I will add a few praying mantis eggs, lacewings and ladybugs next year. It’s been a few years since my last release and it looks Kinect we could use a boost. IMG_2760.JPG IMG_2761.JPG IMG_2762.JPG IMG_2763.JPG IMG_2764.JPG IMG_2765.JPG IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2768.JPG IMG_2769.JPG IMG_2768.JPG see IMG_2770.JPG IMG_2771.JPG IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2773.JPG IMG_2774.JPG IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2776.JPG IMG_2777.JPG IMG_2778.JPG

8. They are really starting g to get into flowering. Buds are starting to develop and in a few weeks we should have colas. This plant is about 7 ft tall and wide. IMG_2816.JPG 68274192344__8306F183-92E5-4F20-8394-7933C1212C61.fullsizerender.JPG 68274193353__F09AA10B-8E0D-4E7A-A380-0A9165F79D3F.fullsizerender.JPG

9. That runt you talking bout is bigger than anything I've grown lol garden looks fantastic

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Haven’t looked at Grass City in years. Cool to see some of the names I remember still on here