Out of Towner and lost ID

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by lizzyliz246, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Hey guys! New to the forum and have an unfortunate experience to share with all.
    I just flew in to Seattle last night and was excited to travel around and have a look at the marijuana shops as it was just legalized in my state of residence. Was hoping to buy a gram as well. I get off the plane yesterday. I get to my relatives house, go to leave and get out..... My wallet is missing. My wallet with EVERYTHING in it (including my ID) is missing. So then begins the runaround. Tried everything to get it back. Went ack to the airport, went to the bank, cancelled everything... all to no avail. So here I am in Seattle and although I got my banking information sorted out and have the money... the ID is now the issue. I still tried to go in one just to look around and was quickly shooed away. I'm 23 and was wondering, if I get my birth certificate E-mailed to me by my husband from home, would they accept it? Does anyone know a place around here that I could explain my situation without feeling like a kid trying to sneak in? This is one of the top reasons I wanted to come to Seattle and I'm just so disappointed that this happened.

2. generally if they want to see identification, it's a government issue photo ID.

this is the wrong forum for this, by the way.