Out of the box Soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RecStoner, May 29, 2011.

1. The soil I am using now it a mixture of several things, and it also took a while to get the Ph from 7.5 to 6.5.

Is there a simpler way to get soil? Is there a store bought soil I can use without having to mix shit up?

I know some people get crazy and add worm castings and other products, but I am just looking for an out of the box soil.

Can anyone recommend one?

2. fox farm ocean and forest i use it for seedlings, clones, all the way from veg through flowering in 5 gallon pots and I don't even use nutes...my plants turn out great

3. I'll check in to that. I am using fox farms bloom nutes, never used the soil though.

I basically have a mix of some regular soil, peat, some compost as well as some coffee grounds. The 2 plants I have are doing wonderful, it just took some time to get the Ph down.

4. I actually like the fox farm potting mix better than the ocean forest for some reason....my plants seem to like it more too. It has no perlite in it like the ocean forest but Its alot like it. Its more of a coco texture than dirt too which I like.

5. I found a joint close by that sells the fox farms soils. Are they all Ph balanced? There are some soils that will try to keep a Ph of 7 no matter how much shit you put in it.

Thanks.