Out Of Ph Up_ Any Household Products That Will Increase Ph?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by product78, May 28, 2013.

1. So I ran out of PH+
    I ordered a new bottle but It's going to be a couple days. Any one know of another method of increasing ph using household products?

2. Baking soda...Google it though to double check but I'm almost positive you can use it to raise your ph and lemon juice to lower it

3. I also ran out of PH up,I ordered more but it wont be here till june 6th so I took smokin5280"s advice,I went and bought a box of baking soda and imho it works better than PH up I was using almost 15ml of PH up to raise my PH from 5.6 to 5.8 in a 24 gallon mix,I just now went and put less than half a TEASPOON of baking soda in my mix and it raised my PH from 5.5 to 6.1 in a 24 gallon mix...I dont know how safe it is to use on a regular bases but I am going to research it more,I might just stick to baking soda.....anyone know if it safe to use on a regular bases os should I only use it till my PH up comes?????/

4. ive always used baking soda 1 box will last me like a year you barely need to use any for it to go up

5. PH up uses Potassium, baking soda uses sodium. I would think you just need to be aware of your plants needs for sodium and potassium if you decide to use baking soda.

6. Yes, use baking soda for pH up and lemon juice for pH down.