Out of control

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Haley.totef, Feb 13, 2017.

1. What should i do about my seedlings they are getting really tall and starting to lose color. Last night i already tried burying the stem deeper in the soil.

Attached Files:

2. First get the aluminum foil out of there . Will burn your plant . Second how much watt is the light . Looks awful close

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

3. looks overwatered...

4. What light are you using? the reason why your seedlings are growing so 'tall' is because they are doing what is called stretching. They are searching for light so instead of utilizing its energy to create more foliage it is rather reaching for the light. Move your light closer to the seedlings till you find a comfortable range. Would not worry about that minor discoloration the seeds are still very young and wierd or discolored leaves(in particular with the cotylodeon) can be normal sometimes.

5. shouldnt i keep it because im only using cfl bulbs im using 2 60w soft white cfl bulbs and the one is a bright white its a little bigger but im honestly not sure i read you should also have a bright white so i added one i had around the house and the 3 60w soft white bulbs didnt seem like enough

6. im only using cfl bulbs im using 2 60w soft white cfl bulbs and the one is a bright white its a little bigger but im honestly not sure i read you should also have a bright white so i added one i had around the house and the 3 60w soft white bulbs didnt seem like enough

• Like Like x 1
  7. My growing medium always seems to be kinda dry even soon after watering

8. Honestly your wasting your time. Your choice though. The foil sucks light in reflective is really bad will burn the plants first . I'm not being rude at all but invest some money in lights and a decent room .

9. Whats wrong with cfl lighting

10. At the moment all i have to work with is cfl bulbs and a closet

11. Cfl lights work but u will not get a decent yield of any kind. Stretches the plants bad. It's honestly just a waste of time . If u want a decent plant buy hps or cob or a decent led

12. I was gonna use hps for flowering

13. U need it for strong growth and vine growth also. Trust me your gonna dissapointed yourself if u use the cfls . One thing they will be thin stalked and viney . Then if u use hps later . The bud will make stalks lean and break. Pain to take care of . I wouldn't Bullshit u.

14. haley, maybe a led for the closet? cfls are terrible. and if you are going to waste a few months trying to grow with them, you need more watts.

you should just spend 70-80$ on a nice LED. if you are going to spend the time and effort to try to grow, you do not want to spend months and end up with shit. gl.

15. Lol. That's not to bad at all.. the light is not the cause it's heat causing it to stretch in my opinion. They will be ok.. I've had taller lanky seedlings and they turned out just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. heat causing them to stretch? that does not even make sense...

its 100% from lack of light / bulbs too far away. they are stretching to get closer to get the right amount of light. heat would have the opposite effect....

when you have the correct height and lumens your plants will stay pretty squat, and grow out. not up. they should and can be fine. i see nothing really WRONG with them, except youre wasting grow time with them growing up instead of bushing.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Heat actually does cause stretching.. if it was solely the light they would be leaning and growing toward it not away.. or random directions. My initial thought was light placement and distance but considering he has a lamp reflector it would be intense enough.. it may be a mixture of both.. but I've had seedling stretch due to heat under 100w T5 light.. could be just a weak pheno or male trait but I'm sure it was heat as under my 40w T5 they didn't stretch at same hanging height. Again this could be strain dependant!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Soft white is a horrible spectrum for cfl growing. I always use 6500k cool white bulbs. Much better.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Your seedlings are fine. It's a weed it will grow. Seedlings stretch due to lack of light or low intensity. If your gonna flower under hps don't wait get them In there right now. Your on the right track. Get those seedlings close to the light or in a smaller place. The smaller place starting is ok. Ppl grow with cfls in cpu boxes.

20. Your seedlings are fine. It's a weed it will grow. Seedlings stretch due to lack of light or low intensity. If your gonna flower under hps don't wait get them In there right now. Your on the right track. Get those seedlings close to the light or in a smaller place. The smaller place starting is ok. Ppl grow with cfls in cpu boxes.