Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Out of control weed prices UK

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by FriedFriend, Nov 25, 2013.

1. #1 FriedFriend, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    Hi guys,
    Im currently living at St Andrews Scotland. I have to say though, you Brits should be ashamed of how expensive and relatively low potency your weed is, and in such short supply. I have some major complaints:
    \n1. All the dealers here seem to think that they are doing you a favor, and not the other way around, hours late (our guy acts friendly but price is extortionate as fuck)
    \n2. The weed that sells for "normal prices" generally sucks and goes for about 250GBP or 360 dollars. I have been paying 280-300 an ounce for the "danker" stuff that at least resembles the smell of weed. The worst part is that i start thinking its dollars and forget that I'm actually getting ripped off so bad.
    \n3. Now i have been searching and searching for a good price and quality ratio, but it seems everyone is expensive i.e. 250 for crap and 300 for decent stuff. Hell i even paid 375 for this one ounce because we were in a rush and just wanted the weed. I even looked on the silk road just too see the "standard price" and theres people who are selling it for like 325 an ounce. Meanwhile if you look at the german or dutch sellers, they sell dank at a third of that price. What is wrong with this island, you UK stoners need to start competing better with your american and mainland european rivals. The situation here is about to leave me seriously broke. 
    \n4. Im sick of hearing the excuses that the dealers give like "I got ripped off myself", or we r in a dry spell. I mean what kind of a place do you go to your dealer, and he makes excuses for high prices. Im sick and tired of these dealers. The whole country seems to be one giant rip off. Sorry about this immature ranting but its so true. Why is the UK just seem so much more expensive in general? I imagine the risks are higher for dealers? Thats pretty much the only explanation i can think of. 
    \nMy message to Great Britain as a whole:
    \nUK, 
    Please start competing with European and American marijuana markets NOW!!!!
    \n

2. In the same boat; only solution to this; is fuck the middle man (is why your getting ripped) and try to find a grower or a supplier that sells bulk. Or and even better option is grow your own plant that way you know what it is and whats going in it. UK is less risky for dealers than it is to the US; as weed is more mainstream in the US and us UKer's tend to brush the matter under the carpet about all things weed. We don't have a DEA in the Uk thats country trying to bust growers and dealers; the police just happen to catch them time from time so there's no excuse there.

I buy quarts now (£60 for 7 G's) I buy  couple of Q's ( I like variety of strains) and it seems to be a little cheaper to buy it like this. around here (south england) I can get an OZ of bud 220-250; can be danky as fuck or shitty grown brown leaves etc; it's all risk :/ I'm going to be growing my own when I get my own place; dealers in the Uk are fucking idiots.

3. Grow your own or refuse to pay those prices.

Sometimes I have to pay over the odds but usually I will turn it down if it cost too much, if enough people refuse to pay then it should force the price down.

4. You surely cant expect to come on here and moan about it and expect something to happen? Where are you from yourself?
    I agree wholeheartedly, its stupid the prices that get paid, I personally know a few growers so I get my dankest stuff for £180.00 which I think is very reasonable, but then again to other people he will shift that for £250.00

Its who you know, and when in England – its all still very illegal , hence we cant demand stuff happens. If it was regulated it would be a hell of allot better!
    Better quality, bang on deals etc.
    Why would the uk have to ‘compete' with its European counterparts anyway? That doesn't make sence. We are still efectivly using the black market wheras the places you want us to compete with are all regulated in someway.

I agree but it wont change.

[SIZE=12pt]Find a grower or grow your own.[/SIZE]

5. Ive been getting ounces of great stuff for 160-190, it's all about where you are and who you know and how well connected the person you know is. But I agree some of the prices people are paying in this country are ridiculous, I flat out refuse to pay over £200 on an ounce..it sucks but there's sadly not a lot we can do :(

6. i know a couple of small growers so i can get good stuff but only every couple of months or so. other than that its like £240 and oz (can be more). I'd like to grow my own eventually 

7. Grow your own, problem solved.