Out of Bounds Boarding

Discussion in 'General' started by Zeppelin Joint, Jan 22, 2007.

1. So lately i've realized that the best part of a ski hill is the parts where only a few people ever go. Me and my buddies at 2 different hills (Powder King, Purden) have found some of the greatest riding i've ever had, some spots are large powder bowls and other spots are very steep with cliffs but all lead back to the lift but need to be hiked in.

In spots we've built jumps that launch you no less 12' high and no less then 30' distance down open parts of steep hill. In all thoes parts their is over 3' of powder ontop of a really deep base. All the time theirs covered trees and stumps to launch off of and 10' to 15' cliffs to launch or jump off into either 6' of powder or a 60 degree incline.

Is anyone else a lover of back country and out of bounds boarding or ski'ing?

note. we dont blaze on the mountain, energy drinks and coffee keep us going and sharp enough to make thoes split second direction changes to mis tree's and take drops well.

2. Definitly have to agree with you. Although, I was skiing all day with my buddies up at Northstar a couple of weeks ago in the closed off area, and ended up with a concussion, and an ambulance ride to the hospital. I was wearing a helmet.

3. down here in bellingham we do alittle in the back of Mt. Baker. Theres some pretty sick areas back there and not only is it nice to shred some untouched powder but to not have to deal with 100 other people just makes it that much better. its awesome to just sit and chill at the bottom of the run and wait for everyone to get down before hiking back up