Out of body experiences

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DaVota420, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Has anyone ever had one? If so please tell us what happened

2. i was under the influence of enough ketamine to put me in a khole back in may.
    i had a good minute long out of body experience while laying on a couch watching office space.
    there really isn't much more to explain about it. i was laying there, feeling fucked up, and then my perception changed to a different angle, as if i was suspended in the air, about three feet above my left shoulder looking down upon myself, perpendicular to my body. i was watching office space, but once my perception changed, it was as if i was watching the movie and watching myself simultaneously.
    it was one of the strangest things i've ever experienced.
    unfortunately, i've tried on several occasions to put it into words eloquently, and i haven't been able to say much more than the description above.

totally blew my mind.

3. Happened to me once... Totally freaked out when it did...

I was flying around... until I returned to my body...

Every time I think about it, I'm reminded of the bi-polar feeling I got that night.

4. astral traveling

5. #6 GGrass, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    I woke up to the sound of music,
    Only to realize I was still sleeping.
    My body was...
    Only my mind, awake.

I lifted my arm to turn on the light,
    But my hand went through the wall!
    Like I was a ghost...
    Like I was a spirit.

I got scared, but I dared.
    I mustered all my energy
    To lift myself from myself.
    To free myself from myself.

And I did.
    And it was heavenly.
    So LIGHT.
    So Relieved.

I thought I was dreaming,
    So I flew around to test.
    That I wasn't dreaming.
    That this for real.

Until it got to a point,
    Where it didn't matter
    If I was dreaming,
    Or if this was real.

All that mattered
    Was to go back.
    Back to myself.
    Back to my body.

Then, it felt like hell.
    I felt so HEAVY.
    I felt so squeezed.
    I was afraid, I was going to die.

So I thought of flying myself,
    Back to myself.
    And returning myself
    Back to my body.

And I saw my body,
    Sleeping as if nothing had happened.
    I placed myself on my body,
    And my body awoke.

I sat there, thinking,
    What the hell just happened?
    And I concluded,
    I went out.

Out of my body.
    And went to heaven.
    And then to hell.
    And back into my body.

6. ^^^ thats intense. I hope to one day experience something similar.

7. You're a trip GG, loved the poem!

8. I was looking at a computer
    It was out of my body
    I was experiencing it

"Can you see?"

9. #10 H2O420, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
  10. I've had a few, but the most vivid one was conjured via Diphenhydramine (Bennadryl.. Deleriant)

I'm not sure how I managed to lie down in a dark room without falling asleep or why, but I have a godfather poster in my room of Don Vito Corleone petting his cat from part 1. I watched this turn into a cartoon styled moose, whom I immediately blamed for all my shadow hallucinations. I remember watching the shadow below my coffee table across the room sharpen and run at me, at which point I JUMPED and pointed at the moose.

"Oooohhh you sneaky bastard youuuu!"
    "Hey, at least I'm not on drugs!" In a cliche' manly voice.

It was at this point I came to an extremely startling/overwhelming realization. I had been watching myself lie/spaz around on my bed with shadows running at me for at least the entirety of the moose's presence.

"STOP THAT!" (3 o-clock in the morning. I'm lucky no one came to my door.)
    "The funny thing is, you think I'm doing all this!"

If this wasn't wigging me out enough, I THEN realized where "I" was... Clinging to the upper opposite corner of my room, possessed child style! O.O . At this point I decided it was time to get up and turn the lights on, and the moment I decided to move my OBE (which I abbreviate/pronounce.. OOBY!!!) ceased. Not only that, I forgot about it entirely until waking up the next day.

I had taken 28 - If you've experimented with Benedryl specifically, you know that's just... a tad bit too much. Okay, so the recommended dose is usually around 12-16. Lol.

The rest of my OBE's lasted longer, however I didn't literally see myself but rather sensed my body was in a different room. On high powered DXM pills and 2C-E I ran around my house looking for myself, puzzled each time I swung a door back open to reveal nothing. Not sure why I kept closing the doors too; It took a bit of sobering up and sleep to get me out of thinking my body was walking around looking for me. You'd think this would seriously bother/worry me, however I'm a champ at keeping a hold of myself even in the most ridiculous scenarios. But those are stories for another time ;).

11. This morning, I got really high on jwh, and felt that my body was being pulled on. So, I lie on my bed and let it happen. My body was halfway out when somehow I just fell asleep all of a sudden. That kinda ticked me off :( lol

12. It wasn't me who wrote it. It was the grass... :smoke:

13. Yeah.... I can see.... :D

14. I had one when I blazed up when I first started, I had smoked a joint and then had another fat joint 30 mins later with a friend. Suddenly my perspective changed literally, it was as if I was looking at my self from a different angle and saw myself looking forward. only lasted a few seconds though.

15. Anybody see the new Kid Cudi music video of Persuit of Happiness. I just watched it a minute after looking at this thread again and noticed he has an OBE right at the end of the video. Just thaught it was crazy timing.

end high/drunk story :smoke:

16. I've been trying. I ordered a book called Mastering Astral Projection, its really a neat book.

Every night i put myself in the trance state and try to exit my physical body but its harder then you would think. Its actually almost scary.
    To experience OBE's, you must first learn to detach your fear of the unknown

17. By Robert Bruce? That book helped me so much! I haven't had the motivation or time to go through the whole thing non-stop yet. Did your book come with the brainwave CD as well?

18. This.

I can't bullshit and say I travelled the universe.

I can say that I felt my mind and my body seperated and there is no way to describe how it feels.

You just experience and hold on for the ride. So to speak haha