Out-of-body Experience

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Cash_Le_Cash, Jan 19, 2018.

1. I smoked a lot early this morning and I just went upstairs and layed down on the couch. However, as I was laying down I felt myself get up and check the restroom to see if it was occupied. It was, and when I sat back down I jolted awake from a quick nap. I got up, opened my eyes, and not five seconds later someone walked out of the bathroom. Maybe my heightened senses just knew and inferred, but I like to think that it was an out of body experience. What do you guys think?

2. It's possible.

My best guess is you had to use the restroom, therefore you had a dream about checking to see if it was available, then you woke up so you didn't shit/piss yourself.

Although! I won't rule out an OOBE.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I didn't need to use the restroom that badly though. Like, I needed to yes, but it wasn't urgent, so I'm not sure why my body would jolt me awake if it wasn't urgent. And you might be right, maybe I had a quick dream about it and my dream just so happened to be true, but I think it's cooler to believe it was an OOBE

4. Monroe institute in Virginia has classes teaching that! that is the goal ... to get into your astral body consciously

5. That's awesome! I can't wait till Tuesday so I can get my stuff from my friend. His dealer says it's really good, but he told me that he's never got stuff that's better than the stuff from this other dealer that he usually deals with. If it's really good like the dealer said though, maybe I could do what I did again.

6. be careful... you need to protect yourself if you decide to travel in that way.... use all your ability to purify your essence via white light .... visualize cleansing white light before any travels and ask your angels and Guides to assist your advancement into those realms of consciousness... setting th estage for higher beings is a wise move... any bottom dwellers/feeders cannot move into the light of love... light is to bright for negative entities...

before you sleep visualize with certainty in your mind you looking down at your hands and getting a grasp of your fingers and their motion and your hands... doing this this procedure will ground you in your astral body during travel... while sleeping once you become aware you are in astral mode via recognition of your hands the world stops around you and you then consciously go forth... clear you environment too with some White sage before you astral travel... open a few windows and smudge your space to let the negative energy out if its there

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Some 13 million people have had Near Death Experiences... Many many more than that have OOBS or Out of Body events regularly, there are ways to develop it and many do it daily or more.

Life doesn't begin with a physical body nor end when the vital signs are gone... the Soul is "Non Local" and operates the body outside of time and space... the physical body is a combination communication and transportation device with a shelf life for this particular frequency or plane... but i digress...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. there is no way you could possibly say any of that with certainty....life doesn't end when vital signs are gone? explain...the soul is non-local and outside of space and time? demonstrate that

if you can't show it, you don't know it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not here to debate.. i've had OOBs before but they were mostly as a child... what is not pointed out by parents, teachers, society in general is soon lost...

I've not had a NDE either but apparently 13 million people have and it changed their perception of so called "reality"... Most didn't want to return to their bodies but felt obligated to or advised to by the intelligence (light world or dimension) they were in... a place where in a matter of seconds or a minute they received what seemed to be hours or days worth of illumination... a "knowing" beyond a shadow of a doubt they were not "just the physical body" but an eternal BEING...

Few are open to these types of topics... Each of us are on different wavelengths so to speak... Tons of books and videos out there for those truly interested... the rest can turn the page, maybe move on to discussions about cultivating some good sativa or indica... nothing wrong with that either...

Suggest you put me on ignore as i'm and oddball and proud of it... lol

10. I used to be able to do a lot of crazy shit when I was really young but it went away as I got older. I used to have lucid dreams usually once a week, I could do whatever I wanted there including visit my sleeping self or will myself to wake up. I also used to get into this state where I was half asleep half awake and I would imagine my bed rocking back and forth getting more violent as time went on and eventually I would either jolt awake grabbing onto my bed thinking I was going to be thrown off or I would actually separate my conscious self from my body into a dream/astral plane and watch myself sleeping. It was weird.

I was also really sick with strep throat at my grandparents one time and I passed out in the basement bedroom. Their basement was creepy as hell and I always felt like I was being watched, and it only got more intense the farther into the basement you got, farther from the stairs. Anyways I 'woke up' and I was staring at the beds head board upside down, it took me a moment to realize what was going on but the best I can describe it is my spirit or astral body or whatever you want to call it was completely separated from my body except for my head, my spirits feet were pointing towards the ceiling like I was being pulled out of my body but my head would not detach. After a moment of trying to figure out what was going on I immediately got that feeling that I was being watched and as my face was looking at the headboard I could'nt see what was behind me. I immediately knew if I detached completely from my body something bad would happen. So I fucking panicked and became gripped with fear I cant describe and that was enough to snap me awake. That one creeped me out for a while.

11. Interesting... i had some similar but not nearly as discomforting as it sounds like some of yours were.
    i would astral travel including memories of flying in from the back yard or simply floating beside the bed, sort of like swimming but not moving... inhaling would keep me afloat if i began to float down toward the floor... also seeing in the room with eyelids closed... forgot a lot of this stuff...

you mention the feeling someone was watching... i've had a little of that but these days it's ME watching this body/mind egoic ID personoid go through life doing this or that... after awhile i think some of us reach a level that we see the folly of chasing after more and more experiences or capturing more trophies... but i'm an old fart now...

As Burt Harding put it... the "human" part of human being is always looking toward the future, "becoming" but never arriving as each new goal reached doesn't satisfy for long... the Being part of human being is indeed just Being in the present moment now... that's the Real Self as we are spiritual Beings having a human experience... problem for most is the non stop mind chattering and believing they are their thoughts or feelings rather the witness to them imo.

12. I get odd things like that nearly every night with sleep pararlysis.my brain wakes up but my body is still asleep its scary as hell as i think im dying then i snap out of it and have to deepthroat a couple of smokes to calm down.
    it started after a night out in 2002 id woke up but haddent and couldnt move my arm (im still asleep)or open my eyes then i get a sense of someone in the room so i try even harder to wake upsometimes i get it more than once a night i dont know why i get it and i hope its not start of you getting it ...

13. Could be you are "witnessing" from what some call Being or the Self which is our True Self, not the mind/body yet IT is pure awareness or consciousness, spirit if you will...

i wouldn't be concerned at all and a lot of those who study or practice this phenomenon would be envious... Once this Presence or Self (the witness) is Realized as the True Self and not the ego mind composite of thoughts ( concepts ). You will lose all fear of dying so says some 13 million ppl who have had near death experiences... it was so blissful and REAL they didn't want to return to the body but either were advised to or felt they had responsibilities like children who needed them so back to the lower vibe they went... lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. If out of body experiences were really possible, scientists would've already by now proven them to be true. But this hasn't happened. There exists no evidence to support the existence of out of body experiences. And as we learn more about the brain and mind, it seems less and less likely over time that such a thing will ever be proven true. The best evidence suggests that our minds are the product of physical interactions within our brains.

And if indeed a mind is somehow able to exist outside of the brain, how would it be able to receive any sensory information? All of our sensory information is fed directly into our brain. This would mean that this information would somehow need to be sent across space to where our mind has traveled. I think enough is already known about how our senses work to know that such a thing is impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Last night i had it 3 times!! twice i woke myself up in the dreams they were very similar aswell i knew it was too strange too be real as i was stuck at heights in strange places in the dreams when it gets too sketchy my brain sort of flicks me awake.the 3 rd dream i was getting followed by shady characters but i turned round and sort of over powered them again i got a shock in the dream kike i know its not real and i woke.i say i could go on with tons of stories as i get this nearly everytime i sleep.i wish i could stop it as im trying to stop smoking cigarettes and everytime i wake i have to smoke!!

16. Do you smoke weed?or tobacco.
    i smoke quite a lot but im trying to not have as much.
    u sound like you know what your talking about do you think cannabis/tobbacco would effect dreaming in a positive or negative way/or at all,with me the less i smoke the deeper paralysis i get sometimes i control the whole dream myself but something always niggle's at me and i shock myself awake but the less tobbacco i have the more the dream is deeper and meaningful its quite hard to describe

17. Doesn't take a scientist to prove OOB or Near death experiences when some 13 million people on the planet have had extremely similar experiences, many identical... Case in point, they are rushed in unconscious to the ER, or are on the operating table and the brain wave and heartbeat detection monitors show they have DIED... then later when they are showing vital signs, could be hours or days, the patient who was "dead" per medical science was able to relate all events and all attempts to resuscitate.. This while looking down from above his or her body, viewing the body and describing the people, their features, what they said to each other, etc... Yet the same patient had not even seen these doctors, nurses and staff before going "unconscious"... How do you explain that?

Or some who have been in comas for weeks, months even years having memories of what went on around them.

As for the "mind" it is merely a composite, collection of thoughts over a period of linear & psychological time (the 2 are different)... how can say a baby "think" in terms of words and meanings of words if it hasn't been "out and about" for several months? The mind is not the be all end all nor is the brain...

One could say the brain is merely a computer with a lot of electrical circuits and chemicals to operate the "hardware" whereas the "mind" is the software... we as human BEINGS are programmed by those who came before us... for example, my 1st language is English, but not the Queen's English while others it may be Italian or Spanish... yet we can be programmed for other languages if need be.

As far as how the mind can exist outside the brain... the "ego" is the learned or programmed false IDENTITY of the human portion of human Being... the Soul, Spirit or Being has to be supporting returning the body to continue the "drama" we call life... in Reality the Being is merely playing a temporary role as a "human" or mortal "person"...

Think about how it feels to drive a sports car fresh off showroom floor vs an old clunker 20 yr old mini van... these bodies are merely communication devices (for the low frequencies in this plane) while also having transportation and sensory features albeit primitive when compared to AI and higher planes...

18. We all have subconscious fears from various traumas going back to the actual ordeal of being born.. think floating in a nice warm liquid completely dark for 9 months then the walls seem to start squeezing in until you are squeezed out like feces... often forceps are used to pull the head out or were yrs ago... suddenly the temperature drops from 98 down to 72 degrees, you are hanging upside down being slapped on the ass by somebody with a mask and rubber gloves...

after all of that it's a wonder we turn out as good as we do.. lol

there are some processes for connecting conscious thoughts with subconscious ones... in fact most of our conscious thinking is controlled to a degree by the subconscious... in other words our perception and concepts, (beliefs) are programmed by the collection of subconscious thoughts...

in DREAMS it is all subconscious so any wild thing can happen... each time we have dreams that leave us with even a faint or mild sense of anxiety or moodiness it is gunk from down below that has created it...

There are a couple of free pdf downloads by Lester Levenson online over 1MB each i would recommend... he explains mind, body, soul, Being 6ways to Sunday and how to end any type of limiting thoughts and behavior. all for FREE and no need to send your Email or nothing... he isn't even in the body anymore left in 1994 but... there are those so called student associates out there selling courses in the release methods for several hundred dollars... don't be taken when it is free.

19. Yes i smoke or vape weed from time to time... it varies and now it's minimal... a good dose of weed knocks me out so i don't remember dreams most of the time, go into deep sleep, next thing i know 3 or 4 hrs have passed... it affects everyone different and indica is better than sativa at bedtime imo... but it also amplifies everything, from the taste of pudding to intensity of orgasm as well as our emotions and senses... also general feeling in this world in these bodies... so if we are happy campers we get happier when high often times... however some who are REALLY TRULY HAPPY get "low" on weed not high as it brings them down from a natural state... our natural state is happy carefree consciousness but "thoughts" and conceptual internal dialogue have taking over... there is an epidemic of "thinking" as if everyones mind is running away (from the present now) with past / future garbage thoughts...

No tobacco however, never had the habit but... i enjoyed the greenSmartLiving E cigs and posted about them years ago here on GC forums... they look just like regular cigs but it is vapor and you can get varying degrees of nicotine even down to zero but still have tobacco flavor, fruit or whatever... they are about $6 for 5 carts i believe after you get a battery... no buttons to push or waiting, just draw and it's done...

That body reaction sounds like emotional knee jerk triggering from the content of the dream... Emotion is a physical reaction to thoughts created by the mind... fearful thoughts make the breathing suppress, in extreme case we hold the breath so as to be quiet and listen (survival chakra)... when we have a sense of love or well being we breath fully and freely deep... our Being seems to expand while fear thoughts make us contract into a narrow tunnel type of energy field... and yes, we are energy and have our own EMF extending from the body... it can be photographed can't think of the name now Kirlian or something similar...

Sounds like you just have some bugga boo stuff in the subconscious like all of us but you are aware of your dreams more... they are nightmares btw when any amount of anxiety is felt during or on awakening...