1. Win a Cloud Pen 3.0 Vaporizer Bundle Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

Our solar sytem is a cell / atom (heliosphere).

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mralan, Jan 11, 2018.

1. I have always believed there is a connection between the micro and macro (the very small and very big), and that as you zoom up or down, the rules change, sometimes slightly, sometimes more drastically.

I was watching 'The Farthest' documentary the other night (Voyager 1 and 2) and it explained about how our solar system has an outer 'sheath' or protective shell that keeps galactic cosmic raye out (sounds pretty dangerous). When the Voyager 1 and 2 space probes passed through this 'shell', which is called the 'Heliosphere' it recorded passing through a thicker plasma environment (possible cell wall / membra
    [​IMG]

Knowledge aside, let's just play the imagination game, the solar system is a very tiny particle, atom or cell that is part of something much, much, much, much, much, much bigger. Why wouldn't it be. I think the idea is there, the idea I propose is consistent with the knowledge we have of how cells, atoms, particles work, just slightly different laws they abide by.

Also, as we go up and down the scale, time slows or speeds up.. Let's just say our universe is a steam particle in someones shower, it was formed the second it come out of the shower head, and it dies by the time it reaches the shower plug hole. That would take maybe 5 seconds in that realm / dimension, but in our time it takes 20 billion years, and so on up and down the scale.

Look at the picture I posted and see the similarities.

We are just microscopic organisms living on an electron particle flying aroud a neutron or proton.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  2. I've gotten through about a third of that documentary, I'm fascinated by the Voyager 2.

A couple of thoughts...

1. As far as we understand, rules (laws) don't change depending on where you are in the universe. We sometimes change our laws when we learn something new but the at all levels "things" follow the same patterns of behavior no matter where they are. A new possible exception would be quantum physics, but we are only on the bleeding edge of understanding about that.

2. I don't think there's any reason to believe we are a part of a larger version of something that we've identified that's smaller than us. I think that's an example of humans trying to make sense of something rather than being ok with not understanding about it yet. Things have similarities because they respond similarly based on the various laws.

3. Sounds like a more scientific take on the old stoner stereotype thoughts of "Woah man, what if we have an entire universe under our fingernail man".

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sounds like you are describing a fractal.

There is definitely something to what you are saying but I don't know how far we can extend it.

5. I could see something based on this. Our known universe is a cell or atom. Our body does create cells so the big bang could have just been a cell being created. I don't perscribe to any one particular metaphysical belief but I could see it haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is a really good break down of some of the similarities.

Grasscity Deals Near You