Our reality, just a game of life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Tyro01, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Have any of you played the game of life. Its a 2d game set up with rules defining its reality. Over population causes them to die, and the right situations cause them to flourish. I found it very intresting that while playing with it I had become god of this world in a sense. I may have not created the rules but i had complete control over their reality.

This made me think that, maybe our reality is a simulation sort of speak. Rules and things have been set up, gravity, laws of physics, all of those rules. And some higher dimensional being is looking down upon use, adding and removing pixels to create different "patterns".

John Conway's Game of Life

DONT MOVE THIS TO GAMERS HEART BEAT FOR THE LOVE OF ...?

2. i came to this conclusion long ago. John conway was a mathematician that used the simple functions in math to create this game. This in turn supports many of the matrix beliefs that many readers have here in the city.

3. Interesting concept. Maybe we are in some sort of simulation. However I feel like the more aware human being become the more able we are to "break and bend" these rules governing us. In other words we find ways to overcome the the boundaries set up in this "simulation". Does that mean we are cheating in the game? =O

4. Kinda the thing with scientific laws though, is that all things obey the laws. That is why they are laws.

5. Everything you feel hear see smell taste think say have any reaction to anything outside of you is part of the "game." Anytime you do you're own thing you are "cheating the game" "breaking the system" "bending the rules" essentially making them think. In order to do this you have to over come all the "damage" the outside world has created. Only then can you start a new path, so to speak, where you make the rules.