Our planet is FUCKED!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by hardcoreselkiez, Aug 28, 2011.

1. There is no way we can sustain life for much longer.
    Populations are too high, soil is degrading horribly across the world, trees are vanishing, the CO2 increase on a mass scale...

Do you AGREE or DISAGREE that this planet is ultimately fucked?
    And if so, how long do you think we have until we are doomed? Or are we already?

2. I think that's a somewhat alarmist view. Humans are pretty creative and dynamic. I don't see them going away any time soon. Things are changing, yes, but that's pretty much the way life has always gone around the world.

3. Our generation will be fine .... so fuck it.

4. I think after we are able to chill the fuck out and start spreading outwards things will become a little more clear, there have been a lot of 'false threats' so to say about the fate of the planet, generations have built nuclear arms and disarmed them, just as people have started driving cars they will ultimately stop because in a great sense most of our traffick transactions are useless, for example, why would you need to commute to work if someone who was already at that place could do the work for your instead?

Plainly put most of our roles here on Earth are arbitrary, throwing things down a pipe and seeing how they all come back out when it gets flipped over.

There are some levels of uncertainty, most people busy themselves in their free time with obsessive compulsive habits, but if you really listen to what is happening, you can feel the Earth spinning around and the tug of the moon.

A lot of things can alter these perceptible facts, such as the initiation of the LHC, or the nuclear bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima, or something as mild as a piano chord.

I see what you mean though, people could very potentially cause their own self destruction in a hasty bout of stupidity.

I've heard a story about one boy who set himself on fire while pumping gas, those things can happen, it just turns out that practically from childbirth we are desensitized and indoctrinated into losing our natural sense of perception.

This is what I mean when I say that all of our actions are misdirected, instead of focusing on our own personal health and physical enlightenment, we are forced to attend to meaningless goals such as feeding cash registers or organizing paperwork based on titles of ownership, instead of actually learning how to create shelters and use materials for ourselves.

All of these inadequacies came about by chance though, and now people are crippled with a severe gimp disorder which prevents them from being able to perform on an ordinary level.

The best and only real solution is to stop (in the name of love basically) following the rules which don't apply to our discourse and to instead invest in local evolution, doing something as simple as I am doing, raising a fly farm, can have immense positive consequences, such as the ability to cure diseases by altering the body of chemicals which they dwell in.

Simple cures exist to practically all of our problems, tooth paste for example, is a good solution for helping to cure many peoples specific case of cancer, when mixed with water and taken in smaller doses.

What we really need to be doing for ourselves is learning how to do the normal things that we rely on for self preservation, learning how to cook and create our own clothes for example, and essentially sharing our knowledge with eachother.

It can be a rather difficult task though, because beyond being obligated to attend to the working conditions of our countries, we all suffer from many extreme insecurities, in effect we have become addicted to the silliest of things, like clothes, which a common person could not feel comfortable without wearing most of the time.

If we're fucked already, we would be seeing the signs, infact it would most likely be you and me who would be fucking this planet by investing in nuclear arms technology and planning a highly organized attack plant on unprotected locations around the world, spurning on the birth of the Hindu master-race apocalypse and the Jamaican moon Nazi's, while everyone on Earth would be drinking gasoline just to stay alive.

Nature will persevere regardless of our mistakes though with the use of entropy which has already been able to alter the atmospheric and planetary conditions, and in often cases is capable of punishing us for making bad choices.

In all honesty though we do face an incredible problem in the future which is practically just how you describe it to be, that is why we have to stress the importance of finding a natural solution, which generally revolves around liberating peoples freedoms of expression.

Most people wouldn't consider their life an ideal pursuit at all, infact, many people, if presented with an alternative destiny, would simply choose to sacrifice themselves for various causes, and if it doesn't happen according to the peoples free sanction and ability to choose to do so, it will occur anyway as an act of criminality.

The current economic-political system i set up in a proper way, but is being used wrongfully, for example, people should be given a large amount of room to experiment, should be provided with various resources and materials to use to expand their abilities and knowledge, but those materials are mostly guarded or come with a high price.

And... seriously, it is all to important to point out that our most valuable product as human beings is invariably being wasted in the sewage system, I know people want to pretend like they are god-like sentient creatures who don't take shits, or have psychic encounters (that being the dire opposite of their opinion about taking shits) but our failure to achieve self realization, even before actualization, is what is causing so much uncertainty about the safety of our future, and sadly enough it is our embaressment causing these heinous tragedies and massacres all around the world.

If given the choice, any living being would be doing a good thing, but even good things in this world can have bad consequences, but in truth, if a giant alien monster were born on this planet, its first thought upon seeing us in action would be to defeat and reorganize us without any regard to our personal safety.

5. life or specifically human life?

6. well yes, the planet is fucked. The sun will go into a red giant and burn the planet up. The planet doesn't give two flying craps about what we do to it. All the problems you say it has can be fixed so it's not really all that doom and gloom. We will work towards solutions or we won't, nature is already on it's path.

7. Soil degradation? Start harvesting hemp.
    Trees gone? Start harvesting hemp.
    Population too high? That's a lie.
    Co2 increase? Just a natural, reoccurring process..
    oh, and START HARVESTING HEMP

We ain't doomed, we'll persist.
    The question isn't "how long till the planet is fucked," but rather, "how long until we can leave this planet the way we found it?"

8. defniatly not fucked

9. deforestation is a pretty big problem.

10. Yeah I guess nature will come out on top, unless we go into nuclear war. Then nature is fucked too.

11. did we all forget about brazil?
    The amazon?
    and how america is tied into that? holy fuck
    do some research

12. We will slowly destroy this world, and maybe by then we'll have the technology to start again on another planet.

Or maybe not.

But yes, though I'm only human and not a prophet, I'd say our planet is getting fucked slowly.

Hell, maybe by the time we realize we're in trouble, we'll have the technology to fix some of our problems. Idk it's hard telling. Life will be fine for a while though.

13. I give it 10 years for Earth to twist into a shitstorm of doom.

14. I raise you thirty years.

15. Lets call it even at 20 years? :)

16. And I will raise you 500 years.

:p

17. Sounds about rig--- 'eyyyy wiseguy, are you trying to trick me? Nah but seriously, I think our generation will be long gone by the time the sun/nuclear strikes reduce this planet to less than a memory.

18. haha :p but, anything could reduce us to that memory. Whether some disease catches widespread because of the mass population, or widespread famine due to poor harvest seasons lasting years. Anything could happen, and it will happen soon.

19. The population is booming out of control. In the past 200 years its increased a fuckload, not sure how much lol but alottt. Imagine in the next 200 years. We're fucked. Well we arent, but future generations are.