Our foreign policy summed up in a short video.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HCS8B, Jan 24, 2012.

1. As they say, history repeats itself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ7Hz7WCQE8&list=FLURLVPQ_g3jQXqZGdnyKv1g&index=20&feature=plpp_video"]The American War-Machine, A Lesson in Blowback, and The Greatest Speech Ever Written. - YouTube[/ame]

2. lol pandora's box or maybe general. this aint politics. that did not sum up jack shit.

3. funny how the video shows all of the things america has done, but none of the things that have been done to us..

4. If your really talking about blowback, and historical context, the LEAST you could do is show both sides. you can argue there is blowback from both sides if you don't put it into context..

5. They don't. They hear one disgruntled ex-cia agent say something about blowback and they run with it, squeezing it for everything they got.

6. Y'all make me giggle

7. You evidently don't understand the concept of blowback. What they've done to us is a direct result of our involvement over there. Did you even watch the video?

We didn't attack them because they attacked us first. They attacked us because we've been meddling in their foreign affairs for many many decades.

8. You replied 3 minutes after the video was posted. The video is 13 minutes long. Of course it didn't sum up jack shit if you watched 3 minutes of it (or didn't watch any of it at all). :rolleyes:

9. [quote name='"HCS8B"']

You replied 3 minutes after the video was posted. The video is 13 minutes long. Of course it didn't sum up jack shit if you watched 3 minutes of it (or didn't watch any of it at all). :rolleyes:[/quote]

You haven't been in this section in a while have you?

10. lmao that video sucked.

11. Everyday.

Don't care about the video itself. Just the message and point. It's all history. Not sure what part of that is so hard to understand for some of you.

12. [quote name='"HCS8B"']

Everyday.

.[/quote]

Surely you know what he posts then. Both of them really

13. Ok . Well i guess i thought it sucked because it seemed to "pop" or "hip" .... Catchy music with flashing pictures, then a speech by a silent movie actor ( ironic). So the point gets distracted in all of the flashiness.

14. This.

And the speech from the great dictator I find is better left alone. All the remixes I've seen just don't have the same effect to me. I know that's not all the video was but I just thought I should mention it if you haven't seen the original.

15. as long as were talking blowback

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduf3LoJQQE]Iranian Mullah-Prepare for Global Jihad - YouTube[/ame]

16. It is relevant

17. they are gona impose their form of government on us if we don't stop them

18. Man I am starting to get sick of the islamaphobes. Shiria Law is never coming to the USA. Maybe in certain house holds but not on any scale larger then that.

Your worried about a country thats militarily is set up for defense. They don't have the means to invade any country other then bordering ones.

I don't trust videos with subtitles. How do I know they are really saying that? Or its not being taken out of context?