our dreams are all connected

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by budisour, Jul 25, 2012.

1. so listen up, i have a theory and i have some evidence for it. people say we are all connected somehow, right? so i have drawn this conclusion

we are all connected through our dreams. every time, or almost every time our dreams involve other people, those SAME PEOPLE have the SAME DREAM. for instance, i had a dream this one time that i hooked up with this dime piece in my old job class back in high school. i don't remember the details but i know i woke up horny as hell.

call it a coincidence but we always used to smile at each other in class and kind of get caught staring sometimes. like i'd be watching a movie and i'd look over just to check out that gorgeous face and she'd all of a sudden turn away like she wasn't doing the same.

well, upon waking up the day of the dream, it was just like any normal day, except i was thinking all about that sexy dream i had.

so, i get to class and she kind of tries to avoid me. she didn't look at me or anything and kind of seemed, idk, shocked.

she didn't talk to her 'boyfriend' the whole period and just kind of sat their in a daze.

now listen, maybe she was just in a bad mood or on the rag, OR MAYBE she had the SAME DREAM as i did.

think about it :smoke:

2. #2 ChemoKush, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    chicken-butt

Name-calling is not tolerated here - WW

3. #3 budisour, Jul 25, 2012
    thank you for your intelligent input, douche.

Name-calling is not tolerated here - WW

4. anytime frienderino

5. That's not really evidence, that's a assumption.

6. not to be a dick here, but don't you think that if this was a real thing somebody would have caught on by now?

your anecdotal evidence, unfortunately, doesn't prove your theory

7. :laughing:

But she was probably just having a bad day

8. Lol is all I have to say :smoke:

9. Legit thought of this before. Same exact thing. But I talked to my brother the next morning and his dream was completely different and he was in mine doing one thing, and in his doing another.

10. Name calling is not tolerated here ;) :smoke:

11. I think about this all the time. I totally wonder if it's possible. I also think it might be one step further, and even every time you think about another person they in return think of you.That would explain why when you think or talk about a person you will normally hear from them. :)

12. Really?

13. [​IMG]

You guys might benefit a lot from reading the wikipedia series on logic. You might also look into critical thinking and like rationality.

14. I think dreams are just other versions of your life in other universes...and when you think about someone and then you hear from them its because you already heard from them at that moment in a different timeline and your subconscious picks that up sometimes

15. Is that a sarcastic really or a that makes sense really?

16. Good question.

I don't feel that whenever I think or speak about someone they normally contact me, but then I don't necessarily want them to, and that doesn't mean this isn't what you experience. Let's say you know many people, and think about them all the time, the chances of one of them contacting you at some point is quite high, and if you think about them all the time, and you decide that it has something to do with you thinking about them rather than it just happening, then you might form a belief system based around this, or fit it into an already existing one.

17. Wow impressive...What's next, you're gonna ask how amazing it is that you looked at the clock at exactly 10:00 and then exactly 11:00 the next time? Must be an omen you're a psychic or something.

Dreams are internal, i.e. experienced by one person. Anything else above that is going to take some serious evidence.

18. Yea but theres those times when you havent thought of someone in forever and you think "I wonder what so and so has been up to" and then they knock on your door or call within minutes to where it's creepy and statistically improbable..I think that happens because in a different timesline they already came over and that version is obviously thinking about them a lot since they are there and then it just pops in your head right before they come over...same thing when you say or think something not very common and the radio or tv says it right after..another version just saw or heard that so in a way you're sensing the future

19. Oh it happens all the time to me so that's why I've started believing that. I understand that this world is different for you than it is for me. Like I'm typing on an ipad right now, you might be on a gateway from '99. The way I type might be read differently to you than it does to me. Anyways, I'm sidetracking. For some reason it seems to happen all the fucking time to me. Or maybe people just think about me often or something, I dunno, or I think about them. But I can go for a while without thinking about someone, think of them and the same day they will then call me. Of course it isn't always gonna happen, but I say it happens about 50% of the time to me. Like I have this one friend, whom I'm really good friends with, but we can go months without talking to each other cause of where we live. Well I was talking with my mom about him like a month ago and I hadn't seen him in like 4 months. So the next day I give him a call, and he was actually talking about me with his mom right when I called and asked me to stay with him on his ranch for a week or so. That's just an example, but for sure happens all the fucking time to me.

I have found that literally anything I think about has the ability to come into fruition if I just give the idea a small little push into reality.

"I think my thoughts and reality let's them in."

20. #20 PassTheGrass, Jul 25, 2012
    This guy knows what I'm talking about. Another example, you have a dentist appt every 6-8 months right? I had one yesterday. As I was driving down a really busy road, I noticed they changed the billboard yesterday. What is the billboard of? It's an ad for a bank, but on it is a toothbrush just like the doctors office gave me, with the toothbrush saying something about dentistry. Come on, that's not a coincidence, I believe coincidences do not exist in this universe, everything has meaning behind it. For the billboard about a bank to say something about dentistry, to change it the day of my appt, right when I happen to be driving back from the dentist's on a route which I didn't need to take, who told me to floss more, and I forgot, and the billboard reminded me. If you wanted to take statistics on that, I'm sure the probabilty of all that happening is <.01%.

Also, I have an internal clock that tells me when it's approaching 4:20. It's obviously not exact, but it's like an instinct. Call it what you will, but I believe everything in this universe is connected. Galaxies communicate with each other, planets communicate with each other, lizards communicate with the bug they are about to eat, and we are all connected to each other with our minds/souls. I feel like I know you all just by the way you write. I can deduce your personalities and your way of speaking by how you type. I think it is also because when I read what you write, my mind is thinking that I am talking to you, therefore I picture a person behind the words, than just the words themselves.