Our current LED + Fluoro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Chilipepper88, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Thanks man, we did everything we could for them but we're still nervous..

2. People say to put heat under them.... right?

3. I heard that was with seedlings in rockwool? But even if I'm wrong, temps. can't get too low with no airflow in the clone dome..

4. I'm not sure but I think the little added heat helps clones root in soil or other grow mediums. The lights and dome should keep the temp where it needs to be.

5. Lol.. im a total newb so you shouldnt heed my advice.. but its something i have seen people do.. put heat UNDER them saying it makes the roots grow towards the heat...

6. Im diggin the cab

7. The heating pad makes sense, maybe I'll invest in one for the next time we clone :)

And thx maxheat, it certainly took some time and tlc :smoke:

8. Hello all, time for an update.

The mother that we cut the clones from has shot up like crazy, pointing up towards the light from where I LSTd it and from the remaining tops that were so small just a couple of days ago. I think we're going to wait another day or two to clone a few more, so that their stems can thicken up a bit :D Here are a few pics..
    6-23 001.JPG
    6-23 002.JPG
    6-23 003.JPG

And our newest idea was after we cut a few new clones off our mother, we un-LST it, let it straighten out, and plant it in a bigger pot up to the newest growth like a tomato plant. After that we are gonna throw it into flowering while we wait on the clones to veg out. The clones we took are doing well and I'm pretty sure are straightening out, but we don't want to jinx it and post pics yet. We will check for roots and post about them in a day or two ;)

Will keep all posted.. :smoke:

9. Hello all, we decided to update..

The clones are looking pretty well today, and we decided to water just a little bit with sparkling water. We heard that the clones love it. And the mother plant is doing really well too, shooting up towards the light with vigor. Here are a couple pics..
    6-24 003.jpg
    6-24 004.jpg

We are planning on cloning three more tops tomorrow. If we do I'll post, if not then I'll post the next day. Regardless, we will keep all posted.. :smoke:

10. How'd the cloning go? Did you take more?

11. Yeah, are the clones still doing well?

12. Hello all, sorry it took a few days, but it's time for an update..

Thanks for stopping buy guys. And yes, we did take three more clones from the mother. We took three thinking about turning one of them into the new mother and throwing the old mother into flowering, which we did. :D Here are a couple pics of the mother that we tossed into flowering today..
    6-29 008.jpg
    6-29 009.jpg

We still don't know if it's a male or female, but we hope that it will show itself within days.

And so far the clones seem to be doing well. The one clone in the first batch that was yellowing turned back to a darker green and perked back up. We still don't want to post pics of the clones until we transplant successfully into a bigger pot. But in the mean time, we did germinate one of our overseas freebies. It was a "cluster fem" seed and it is now a seedling. Here are a couple pics..
    Cluster-1.jpg
    Cluster-2.jpg

We will keep all posted.. :smoke:

13. Hello all; not much to update, but here goes. First I'll start with the mother. It is doing very well and getting huge, filling out the pot very nicely. We still don't know if it's female yet, but we're still hopeful. Here is a pic..
    7-2 006.JPG

And the clones are doing well so far, showing some nice roots on the first batch and not even in the clone dome anymore. We are going to transplant soon and is it works we will post pics of them too. In the mean time though, here is another pic of cluster coming along..
    7-2 001.JPG

We're really just waiting, but as soon as we know anything I will keep you guys posted..

14. Hello all. Still no pistils yet, but the mother plant had a few tops in the middle becoming more dominant, so I LSTd the plant a good bit. Here are a few pics..
    7-3 001.jpg
    7-3 002.jpg
    7-3 003.jpg
    7-3 004.jpg

And the clones have roots wrapping around the cups so we should transplant within a day or two, so we should be posting pics of those within the week. In the mean time, here are a couple pics of the fast-growing cluster ;)..
    7-3 005.jpg
    7-3 006.jpg

It seems to be getting so fat already, which is nice for indoors :) Yay indica! But other than that we will post as soon as we know the sex of the mother. :smoke:

15. Hello all, time for another update. :)

Clones 1-3 from the first batch have perked up since the transplant and we feel satisfied enough to post about them. So, without further ado, here are some pics of the clones..
    7-6 006.jpg
    7-6 007.jpg
    7-6 008.jpg

And here are the two that we transplanted tonight, we hope they will perk up in a day or two..
    7-6 009.jpg
    7-6 010.jpg

And a pic of the last two clones, still rooting just a little slower than the rest..
    7-6 011.jpg

And last but not least, another pic of cluster and the whole veg. space..
    7-6 005.jpg
    7-6 012.jpg

I ran out of room to post pics of the mother that's in flowering on this post, I'll try to post later. If not, then I will post about it tomorrow.. :smoke:

16. Alright, time to talk about the mother..

She is getting pretty darn big and filling out like a champ. Still no pistils, but it's been in flowering for either 6 or 7 days so I have a feeling they're coming soon. Here are pics of the flowering space and the big girl..
    7-6 013.jpg
    7-6 001.jpg
    7-6 002.jpg
    7-6 003.jpg
    7-6 004.jpg

She looked a little droopy, so we watered her. She'll bounce back up n an hour or two..

And one pic of both spaces on top of each other just because it looked pretty darn cool ;)
    7-6 014.jpg

Will keep all posted with updates.. :smoke:

17. WOOHOO!!! WE OFFICIALLY HAVE PISTILS ON THE MOTHER PLANT!!! :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

That means in about two months we will harvest her and that we have 7 female clones that we will also flower accordingly. We are just so excited that we didn't waste any time!!

Now if you'll excuse us, we have to celebrate tonight so I will post pics and more updates at a later time and/or date.. :smoke:

18. WOOOO HOOOO!!

That has to be an enormous weight lifted!!! I am so happy you didn't waste your time (and ours :p ).

Looking forward to seeing your ladies bud up.

19. Nice! Always an amazing feeling to see those pistils