OUI after the fact from field sobriety tests

Discussion in 'General' started by flashpipe, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hey all. I was recently pulled over and searched ( officer smelt marijuana coming from the car, although we had not been smoking ).

The passenger in the vehicle hid his .5g bag that I was clueless about while we were getting pulled over.

As soon as he told me to step out of the vehicle, and asked where the marijuana was, I gave him my bowl which was what I had on me.

Anyways, the officer gave me a number of field sobriety tests and I feel I did pretty well on them, even though he said he did not think I did very well ( think he was just trying to get it on a recording or something of him saying that ).

One of the tests he administered was for me to stand with my feet together, and tilt my head back with my eyes closed ( not trying to hold them shut, just enough for them to gently be closed ). He then shined a flashlight into my closed eyes. Sober ( which I can say I was ) my eye lids flutter. Not quite sure what he got out of it, but I'm sure someone on here has dealt with this before.

Is it possible the cop was just a douche or?

2. ya a douche for sure

3. hes a cunt

4. Were you actually high at the time?

I suppose the only real options are to either accept it or get a lawyer and try your best to fight it. :confused_2:

It's a risk you take while driving with an illegal substance, unfortunately.

5. he's a typical suburban pig, what can you expect. you might get probation depending on your location.

6. Those test's are made too be failed by even sober people.... They don't even need too do the tests too arrest and charge you anyway. They can just breath/piss/blood test you after they arrest you on suspicion of committing the crime.

7. I had smoked a very minimal ammount hours before and was not even close to what I'd call under the influence. I have already contacted my lawyer and have an arrangement to have her talk to me and the kid I was with so she can try and convince the D.A. that I was clueless that he had hidden something in the car or even had something on his posession.

Oh, but that's where you're wrong. He's not even a suburban cop. He's a sheriff that patrols one of the largest counties in my state, and was roughly 2 hours away from his usual patrol zone. I'm from the good northeastern state which is one of the more lenient states in the U.S.

My guess would be is he had to fill his quota.

I was never arrested, nor drug tested. I will be prepared to pass a drug test at anytime if the court and/or D.A. tests me. If I pass with flying colors, does this get rid of the ability to even charge me with it?