Other Languages (Not your Own)

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzy, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Do anyone on GC Know more then one Language that's not there Own? I always been Interest to See if you Guys do.

As for ya Girl I Know

Jamaican is my Natural one...English (duh) lol Also I Know some Spanish an Some Japanese. I Think it enough to get me by if I was in Mexico or Japan imo at least.

Also Most Importantly (to me) is I Know Sign Language...because since I have Speech Problems I always Prefer to use this more then the Verbal Talking because People have Made fun of me before an Plus its Very Flippin Embaressing to have that Happen all the time tbh. :oops:

I Would Like to Learn Albanian because my Husband has a Homie from over there an he Told he will Teach me it at sometimes but he still hasn't yet.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Vee, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    yes I'm told to 'Shut the fook up' in many languages daily,

I joined GC years ago to improve my English skills and did work
    My grandfather was a doctor so as a kid I learn't Latin either that or learn piano
    Latin opened a door to the Roman world that still interests me to this day

other languages I learnt in junior school Polish, Norse, German, French then English..and Spanish

I'm told my English has a French swing, that I use to my advantage often
    after all not many people like Russians ..lol
    and yes you can forget the words too, my excuse is my brain can only hold so much lingo
    and knowing to much speech can get you into more trouble than you could believe
    as the Mods here know only too well, I was going to sign up as 'Mr Miss-Understood'
    but that didn't go too well either ...lol

sorry their is no way to learn a language than the hard slog or repetition, and notes
    but I did much of my hard slog of learning at about 10-12 yo that was great, almost painless

often I'm used by 'friends' as a translator that just pisses me off, and will screw them around
    see the Movie subforum as often I do subtitle work for the village cinema

I check daily on GC to stretch my English skills,
    but often a person who knows English well will know its not my best English if ever?

Albanian is more classical Greek than anything with some Vlax-Romani(gypsy?) thrown in
    very tough to learn, you need go only 5 miles and the accent becomes impossible

I'm working on this: 'Very Flipping Embaressing' maybe some time ..lol

cheers Dizzy

ps how much of this rant did you understand, checked as always with Google Translate!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1

3. I Understand you just Fine Vostok! Thank you for the Reply. You Know Albanian? What others do you Know? If you want to Name them off that is :)

~Toni~

4. [​IMG]
    Sorry not Albanian, but am told I'm hot on 'Body Language'

[​IMG]
    Both learning language skills and mathmatics uses the right side of the brain which I'm told I'm good
    at but in truth I'm total crap at math ...strange for a left handed person, as left handed people
    struggle with linear thought like 1-2-3 better is 2-1-3 non linear, and yeah my post takes minutes
    to write not seconds like some ....lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. my girl tells me last week,

I was talking in my sleep again....GGGGrrrr she says

so we now have a stack of phrase books on the side table ....lololol

true!

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Also @vostok I Love Russian People You Guys are Cool don't be so Hard on your Self Friend you are amazing :D

~Toni~

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Does your family know sign language too?

Your English is quite good. To a certain extent, the words themselves often don’t matter as much as the order and tenses, and you don’t seem to have trouble with either.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Mum is from France, so I learnt French and English alongside one another. I’ve fallen a bit out of practice the last decade, but I can pick it up when I’ve needed to.

Dad’s Irish, and I have a working knowledge of the language, mostly influenced by summers spent with my grandparents. I wouldn’t call myself fluent but I can get by.

I’ve got a few phrases and pleasantries in German, Japanese, and Balinese from my travels. If I ever commit to tackling a new language, it’ll be Spanish.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. I've learnt japanese and german but can't for the life of me remember any of it these days. And my grandma taught me some Hungarian when I was younger.

• Winner Winner x 1

10. Yea my Husband do Know it because he Learn because of me...an we Been Teaching the Kids as well. I just like to Use Sign Language more then Talking because my Speech Problems an Plus I cant Hear Good either unless I have my Hearing Aides in an I don't like to Wear those a lot of the Times.:oops::ninja:

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1

11. Ohhh that's Soo Cool That your Mom is French an your Dad is Irish AR!! Irish People are Great so my Husband he From there too. What Country is Balinese From? Spanish is Cool imo it a sexy Language too lol my Husband has a Few Mexican Friends...yea we a Diverse Group lol but I like to Learn Spanish. That's Awesome that You Travel to a lot of Places before.

Awww that's Ok D it all Good. Are you Hungarian my Friend? That's Pretty Cool if you Are that Language has been around for aa Minute I Think.

~Toni~

12. Also Iono if y'all Remember me Saying I Found out my Family from Nigeria Waaay Back before we were in Jamaica? Well I'm not Sure what Language they Speak there but that would be Cool to Learn as well!

~Toni~

13. Yeh I'm Hungarian, german, irish and I've got some american (possibly native indian) but mainly hungarian and irish in my blood.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. That’s what I was hoping your response would be. Glad that the fam supports your needs.

From Bali, part of Indonesia.

• Winner Winner x 1

15. Oh Cool Congrats Dan :) Thats Great you Know where you Coming From too.

Oh ok Thank you AR yea my Man always Support me an Assist me for anyting. Oh an that's Really Cool about Bali you Must have been a lot of Places.

~Toni~

16. I've had interests in Spanish, taught myself a couple phrases and saying, but having no one to talk too you quickly forget it.

French has always been that thorn. Had to take in school, so I can piece things together since they're pretty much the same.

Intrested in German but still like I mentioned with Spanish, but theres even less to talk too, funny cuase the area I'm in was a German settled area. New Berlin pre world war, now presently called kitchener, couple other towns like baden and new Hamburg.

Hindi or Arabic I could see learning just enough to get some people to fuck off as the majority are really making a bad wrap of themselves around here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Burmese. only the OGs in the family speaks it so as a 1st generation im pretty proud that I can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. 01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110101 01110000 00100000 01010100 01101111 01101110 01101001 00111111 00100000 01001000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01101111 01100100 01100001 01111001 00111111

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. The Binary Pirate, lol.
    Don't make me break out hexadecimal.

:smoke:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. What Do you Mean @ICGreen I am Confuse by it? Numbers?

~Toni~