Other Galaxys?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Dizzy, Sep 14, 2021.

1. What Do You Guys Think it is Like Outside Our Known Galaxy Like Ina Totally Different One.

Do You Ever Wonder if There Another Intelligent Species Like Us Out There Some Where or Maybe Even More Adavance thenn us...Maybe Even Some Were Still in Ours Too?

I Always Wonder Bout this My Self i Been into Certain Aspects of Space Since i was a Lil Girl an i Wish There was a Way to Find Out What Out There Where it So Far Away from Earth We Cant Even Comprehend it!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mhm I My Mind Up There Alotta The Times lol I Wish There Was a Way to Go Way Out Into Space an Step ona Different Planet. I Wanna Be The First Jamaican Woman too do it lol.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  3. Humans will be on mars in our lifetimes, no doubt about it. It will be such an exciting time in human history.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. IKR it Will Be Amazing! Would You Ever Volunteer For a Trip like that? I Would If My Family Could Come Along. Do You Think it Would Be Cool to Live ina Building in Space st All? If it Had a Earth Atmosphere!

~Toni~

5. In our lifetimes? Nice! I hope you're right, I love miracles.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sometimes. It's crazy, but too much to think about for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Let's finish wrecking this place first!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think it would be cool to visit space and float around in zero/low gravity. I don't think I would be willing to go to Mars though.

I'm only 26, so your mileage may vary.

• Winner Winner x 1

9. Why Not? I J/W!

~Toni~

10. NASA has some pretty cool ways to get people interested in space exploration.

We had our names on some memory card sent into the sun and have our names engraved on the mars perseverance rover. (Yes the millions of names are microscopic.. but still pretty cool).

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Yea That Is Cool. WBU tho P Would You Wanna Go Our There Into "The Great Darkness" as I've Heard it Called before?

~Toni~

12. Nope, I've researched the psych problems that astronauts go through (psych is a HUGE interest of mine).

I'll stick to earth! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Mhm. I Never Thought of That. I Would Like to Go BUT my Problem is That So Much Can Go Wrong in The Actual Trip...Like What Happen in 87 I Think it was With That Challenger? Space Ship. You Know What i Mean? We Not So Advance Yet that Safety Isa Guarantee.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Travelling long distances does a real number on my stomach

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Made me think of this meme I saw earlier
    aidIK16.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I would personally love to be a part of building up mars. It takes us back to better times where everyone has purpose, that being to build the civilization. This in turn makes less time for alot of the meaningless issues we have with a fully established society.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. I think we will hit mars with a person in my lifetime, assuming I don't die in the next 30 years lol. With the crazy billionaire race happening we might see one of them shoot some poor bastard up there on a suicide mission just to be "first" in the comments section of Mars' sand.

As for the other galaxies...it just seems that the universe is not set up for things like humans to travel to them. We got lucky and in, I think, 5 billionish years Andromeda and the Milky Way will merge which could lead to some interesting discoveries if humans arent just totally wiped out by our own bullshit long before then lol.

Even in our own galaxy is over 150,000 light years wide and much wider at points, at 99% the speed of light if you ignore dilation and time fuckery getting around it just takes an absurd amount of energy and time for the scale we exist on. Then you add in time dilation, which I barely understand, and it just starts to really fall off the impossible cliff. At speeds approaching the speed of light, you experience time slower, but Earth wouldn't. To go any real distance at any real speeds you would just have to accept that likely everything you know and love will be long gone when you return, if your mission is round trip. Assuming it works that way and you dont end up hurling yourself into thousands of years in earths future to return to a planet that has completely forgotten you and the entire damn era you came from.

I guess this all assumes there isnt faster than light travel, and that teleportation requires you to reach the destination and place a receiver before its possible if it is even possible. But according to the universe we currently live in and understand those things arent possible so I will go with what we have lol.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Odds are, we never make it out of the Solar System.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I'd actually disagree. Voyager 1 made it there and was launched in the 70s. Obviously it's a different story for a manned mission, but I believe it will definitely happen.

150 years ago people even thought simply flying was extremely farfetched.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1