Other Forums

Discussion in 'General' started by fancypantsdawg, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Hey guys, hope everyone's doing OK today  :cool:

I was thinking today of GC and how it's one of the earliest sites I recall reading up on pot about. I think I was like 14, maybe 15. I'd surf GC, same way I do now (shit-eating grin, usually a little stoned) and find all sorts of interesting shit to just sit back and absorb. Then I started thinking of different forums in general and how beneficial they can be. Of course, there are always gonna be trolls and ignorant people and little kids posting as adults talking all sorts of dumb fuckeries but, overall, the experience tends to be a more positive than negative one (or at least this is my case). I guess it also depends on what you make of it.

Anyway, I searched a little about GC in different forums and found that there seems to be this distorted sense of superiority among certain forums. For example, for whatever reason, what seems to be a good chunk of rollitup strongly dislikes GC. Why? Is it really that different over there? Genuinely curious. Searched a little bit deeper and found other forums that deal with unmentionables ALSO trash-talking GC and a few other forums. I just don't understand why humans always seem to bandwagon with shit and start claiming that their x is better than others' y. Why the fuck is there a need for all these rivalries that some asshat started for no particular reason? I notice this with so many things, not just forums obviously. But I digress.

My main reason for this post was actually just to ask about other cool forums that are around, whether they be weed, music, sports, interior design, anything with a good community... suggest them here!

My bad for the long post, got carried away venting haha.

TL;DR Was appreciating GC, started thinking/looking at other forums, noticed weird and completely unnecessary "rivalries", any other cool forums to browse?

2. cuz people suck, man.

Word

This is probably why.

Although, I love it here. It is fun to get the occasional idiot and tell him what the real world is like

5. Gc is the onlt forum I visit

6. GC is home to me, Iv liked it a lot right from the start. I get alot of PM's and have nice chats with people all over the world.

The thing I like is growing MMJ and I want every one of you to grow your own smoke if you can.

7. I used to chill around on roll it up, same username and everything, but it just wasn't as nice as it is here  :confused_2:

8. Lawl, I surfed. Didn't post, didn't join til 19 y.o. Just surfed. Hence the "sit back and absorb" part. Not entirely sure what to take from the "occasional idiot/real world thing" but I appreciate the input nonetheless.

9. #9 My Username, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013

Right, well i'll just say it.

It is probably a younger crowd on GC than other forums.

Nothing personal

10. #10 King Willie, Dec 11, 2013
    I noticed on shitty ass Rollitup, there's alot of people who have been banned from GC. So there's that. And we're the best. And it's cool to hate on the best.

GC and Bluelight are my two go-to forums.

11. GC is the best, no other forum comes even close! Great bunch of people here.

12. rollitup...

[​IMG]

Although the 'FUCK GC' threads on rollitup are mildly amusing.

13. haha RollItUp is a piece of shit compared to GC.

Genuinely curious when I ask this: why? I've only browsed rollitup a few times and not long enough to really get much of a feel for it, but why is it that both forums seem to almost hate each other when they're very similar in some ways?

Most of the other pot forums are not very active compared to GC. Some are, well, DEAD.

I've been online since '94, have been on countless forums of all different kinds, and GC is the best IMO. Mostly because they don't allow posters to trash each other. Some people just love to be assholes online, for whatever reason I don't know. I've known plenty of them.

That they keep them the fuck out of here is just fine with me! :D

[​IMG]

16. #16 KushMastaFlex, Dec 11, 2013

It's alright I guess, but compared to GC it sucks. The amount of traffic it gets is minuscule compared to GC, which is what makes this such an awesome forum in comparison. So many more threads, topics, people to argue with etc. Why would anyone even want to use that site when this one is available? 

17. #17 King Willie, Dec 11, 2013
    Honestly, everything about it just seems alot more low quality. Even just the way it looks. It's like comparing Coco Puffs, and the Stop N Shop rip off store brand.

And in my experience, there's alot of dickheads. Seems less moderated than GC, I guess.

18. Does rollitup have a general section and fast responses like here? I feel at home on GC so I don't plan on switching anytime soon

19. This is what it looks like. Just fugly.

Attached Files:

I read that in Bobby Hill's voice.

I think it comes down to where people are most comfortable. That is all mateys.