Osmosis filter - questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by KinkyCerebro, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Hello! I'm starting a Hydroponic set up but the water in my city is very bad, i get around 550 ppm from the get go. I was thinking of getting a reverse osmosis filter but was unsure on what to look for, what to buy or what not to buy. I'm from Argentina so I might be limited as to what I can get, so keep expectations to a minimum. I've seen some that are not as expensive and say that can filter 400 liters per day, I will need 150 liters a week so that means that I only have to use the filter for 9/10 hours once a week? I'm not sure if i get how this works and I need to do numbers, so any information helps. Thank you in advance!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. #2 GroBuddy, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Idk about hydroponics but in soil I use 700 to 900ppm tap I did get a 6 stage under the sink ro system when I thought I needed it. The only thing I do to tap is use a boogie blue filter I'll water plants from the Water hose.

Imo any filter will work I don't like the alkaline ones like brita if using liquid nutrients since they'll raise already high ph

One I got, itll buffer ph to above 10 for a little while anyways my tap is 9.2

And this is probably useless information to you since you're probably referring to another type of filter for hydroponics, apologies bubba I cant delete from browser. Seems like your tap should be fine tho is basically what I was getting at.

3. Use a regular RO system but add a 'deionizer' filter in the end.
    Then go buy a couple 18.9L bottles of RO water, but keep the bottles to refill when you need.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I bought this one, it has 5 stages and back wash. Do you think I can add an ionizer to an equipment like this? Is it hard to do?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thing is, I need to add salts to the water and they will raise the ppm even higher, i need a base water that is as low as possible so that i can add the nutrients on top. I did buy a 5 stage RO system today, it will be fine i think

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sounds like soil will be your best bet by the time you figure all this out…

I’ve tried every style of growing and eventually settled on organic soil

7. I will do organic soil too! I just want a small hydroponics indoor tent for quick cycles of 4 plants

8. yes add a DI column. Its easy to add...

upload_2022-7-5_13-51-2.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lol not gonna lie I bet your water is bad ass for growing. you say 550 ppm of third world water is bad lol funny cause I bet there is no chlorine, fluoride, or chloramine....... Which means that there is nothing but good ol minerals in it......

10. It's pumped full of chlorine and fluoride hahahaha i drink filtered water cause running water is borderline poison