OSG's Kief Collecting for making Hashish or Smoking

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 16, 2009.

1. #141 oldskoolgrower, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    This method works best with ground bud and/or trim. I wouldn't use whole bud, but I do often use dried ground bud, especially popcorn.

2. Okay, thanks man!

3. Reupload the pics.

4. #144 sfrenger, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013

I know your post is pretty old oldsckool, but I'm confused about decarboxylates. I thought that you only needed to decarboxylate cannabis that wasn't going to be heated/burned. Products like tinctures, edibles, and topicals?

5. Sure, why not.. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neither of these are refined at all. 

6. Okay so I'm going to get a few pounds for 600 of mids .what would be best for daily use for edibles?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. This probly makes stronger hash

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. But why? I want to know why I do something. Does it really make a difference or does it just degrade the hash even further? I use my year old stash to make dry-sift hash and use that to make butter or smoke outright. It tastes pretty freakin' awesome without doing anything else to it. I press mine and tear off a chunk when i want to smoke or cook with it. Seems like decarb...... is a useless step to me.

Burning is an inneficient means of decarboxylation.  Doing it gently at a lower combustion temperature is better if you want ot maximize your product's content.  That being said it's probably a really minor difference in the long run.

10. i dont know how minor id say it is when i get considerably higher off of a vapourizer then i do off of a bong/joint

Vaping is not burning.  It's far more efficient.  I wasn't talking about that difference.

12. What kind of flavor do you get from vaporizers?

13. i wish the pictures would stop disappearing form these older threads

• Like Like x 3