OSG's Kief Collecting for making Hashish or Smoking

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Moroccan hash, IMO, was consistently the best hash I ever smoked. Possibly because it was the freshest. There was a spell where all one could get was that blonde Lebanese which was usually way too dry like that of dry clay one might pull out of the tread of a boot the time it made it to the street.
    At any rate, the taste of the brownish/gold Moroccan was enough to make it to where I couldn't leave it alone.

I restored a rust bucket classic car (lots of sanding!) from the frame up on a diet consisting of many quarter oz's of fresh Moroccan hash. The perfect fix for such endeavours, IMO.

2. Yeah some of the Lebanese hash was awesome but a lot of it was way too old, dry, and crumbly. The Moroccan was consistently good as was the Afghani, but the latter was more of a black 'finger hash' style.

3. I'm Canadian and have never heard of what that guy said. I call it Scotch Tape as well haha.

4. OSG great info!! Thank you so much! How long do you put yours in the oven for? I just bought a small press, and I've seen videos of 350 for 4 minutes, but want to see what your temps are.

Thanks again!

5. That's too hot. THC rapidly degrades at high heat. The ideal temperature is 220F. I usually do 15-20 minutes at that temperature then roll/press, then repeat the heating again if needed. If I'm doing a large chunk I do 20-30 minutes.

6. Thanks man.. dumb question how do I know whether or not to reheat?

7. If it isn't well formed hashish ;)

8. you think i should decarboxylate DBV wand hash even tho its been threw heat many times?

edit- oof, i had all your threads open osg and posted in this one instead of the hash one :eek:

9. This seems pretty cool, I'm going to try this if I am able to grow next year. Does anybody know how this method stacks up against finger hash?

10. Totally different things. This creates a strong concentrate, stronger than any hash. Finger hash produces good hashish that tastes fantastic.

11. Ahh, gotcha. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming some of your threads, but you're one of the reasons I signed up for GC.

12. Threads are meant to be posted in my friend. Stop apologizing, and thanks for the compliment.

13. Hey OSG, is your isomerized hash just as strong as BHO? or would you say they are two very strong different things? Since the QWISO hash oil would have a wider cannabinoid profile than BHO I believe.

One more thing, would you say that once you heat your QWISO in the oven that you yield about the same amount of QWISO hash oil as a nice purged BHO oil run? ~generally of course lol:smoke:

14. Wrong thread dude.

EDIT: To answer you anyways, yes it's as potent as BHO, and the wider spectrum of cannabinoids makes it even better IMNSHO.

Yields are similar.

15. I may have missed you saying it or some shit, but about how much weed would you say you used to get that amount of kief?

16. i've made qwiso a few times, and have made "finger hash" or hand rolled/pressed hash and i prefer the latter out of the 2, although the person making it might get tired of rubbing their hands together for 2-3 hrs depending on the amount of raw material you're working with.. great sticky osg.

17. nice i thought i was the only one who used the bullet for trees and keif haha.

and to OSG you are the man!

puffer

18. i don't understand this method because to me it seems so wasteful....everytime i have tried to press keif or hash around with my fingers or in my palm i always feel like i am losing so much substance that is getting stuck to my hands and under my fingernails...it just seems like it always just sticks everywhere instead of sticking together....anyone got any words of advice?

puffer

19. Grow more. If you have more than you can smoke you can then afford to do all sorts of fun but wasteful things, like making finger hash.

20. should i use straight up bud to do this, or should i use trim only?